“Best Italian restaurant in Brno” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Pizzeria Leonessa

Ristorante Pizzeria Leonessa
Ranked #10 of 860 Restaurants in Brno
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The venue, in the vicinity of the prestigious and breath taking Mahenovo Divadlo Brno theatre, offers a welcoming environment for a special occasion with friends and family, for a romantic date as well as other events such as meetings, marketing presentations, private parties, corporate dinners, fashion shows and weddings. The modern style and low light, the elegant surrounding and the design furniture with green and cream leather chairs help creating a special and cosy atmosphere. The menu is quintessential italian as it is its respect for traditions and it presents the opportunity to rediscover unique and authentic dishes blending the love for italian cuisine together with the demands of local clients. The rich and meticulously selected menu card comprises a broad selection. It may be hard to decide what to order when, among the mouth-watering choices, delicious pizzas, fresh pasta, fish delicatessen, but also bruschetta, risotto and yummy desserts stand out. The bartenders serve at the tables if you fancy an 'aperitvo' as a convivial start of your evening out. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at ease. They will promote a genuinely pleasant atmosphere which will improve your experience of the meal. To meet the demands of all our customers, we can accommodate 90 guests in two separate dining rooms, completly no smoking, provided with air condition and free Wi-Fi connection.
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
“Best Italian restaurant in Brno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

From outside is really easy to pass by, but inside the interier is nice looking and inviting for sitting for a long time. I was there whit my mum and brothet after his gradution ceremony for lunch. Restaurant staff was greate, patient and even help us whit decision obout wine and food. From fishes thrue pasta to meet and pizza, evereting was excelent. The best thing from this visit was than my brother who has problems to choose in restaurants anything except chicken, tried something different and was thrilled. Soo I can only recommend :)

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Zuzka L

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A piece of Italy in Brno city center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

It's quite difficult to notice that restaurant because it's not very conspicuous from outside. But when we came we saw that restaurant is modern furnised and tables are clean. Italian music was making nice and calm atmosphere.
Kind staff cared about us whole time nicely, they also recommended us some of chef's specialities so we tried Orata ala griglia - fish, pizza Quatro stagioni and also risotto ai funghi. Although we had to wait for that fish little bit more than for other meals, everything was warm and delicious,especially that pizza was just unbeatable,tasted like in Italy. Price was also adequate. We were leaving with feeling that we've just visited true Italy.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Not recemmended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Slow service, poor food - risoto, warm beer, even not enough glasses for beer - they had to wash our glasses to bring us another round of beers... Just do not waste your time...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brno, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Way below my expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place proved to be way below my expectations regarding the food, price-quality and atmosphere chapters.
I've been there two times (second time with colleagues and it was their choice not mine). First time I tasted what it was called "Hamburger" (it was on the special daily menu) - which did't have anything to do with what I would expect a burger should look like: it was a big meatloaf in cheese sauce and some fries (no burger-shape, taste or bun either). The taste seemed extremely salty, but that could be a subjective opinion, however I think the name is a bit misleading, they shouldn't call it something it's not. Second time I had a Greek salad - not the best one I've eaten by far, and the portion was quite small.
The fact that it is underground it's not helping either, though the interiors are ok/average.
The waiters speak English, and the menus (if I remember correctly) are also translated to English.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

visited this restaurant on 3-7-13 after reading reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed it was amazing. We found it a little hard to find as it was at the top of the street but it was well worth finding this gem of a place. The staff were welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble and the pizza I had was the best that I have ever tasted, the soup was delicious and the portion sizes are huge. This place is great value for money and a credit to the people who run it. Fantasitc. I would definitely visit again if I were in Brno

1 Thank Louise R