“Way below my expectations”

Ristorante Pizzeria Leonessa
Ranked #64 of 950 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The venue, in the vicinity of the prestigious and breath taking Mahenovo Divadlo Brno theatre, offers a welcoming environment for a special occasion with friends and family, for a romantic date as well as other events such as meetings, marketing presentations, private parties, corporate dinners, fashion shows and weddings. The modern style and low light, the elegant surrounding and the design furniture with green and cream leather chairs help creating a special and cosy atmosphere. The menu is quintessential italian as it is its respect for traditions and it presents the opportunity to rediscover unique and authentic dishes blending the love for italian cuisine together with the demands of local clients. The rich and meticulously selected menu card comprises a broad selection. It may be hard to decide what to order when, among the mouth-watering choices, delicious pizzas, fresh pasta, fish delicatessen, but also bruschetta, risotto and yummy desserts stand out. The bartenders serve at the tables if you fancy an 'aperitvo' as a convivial start of your evening out. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at ease. They will promote a genuinely pleasant atmosphere which will improve your experience of the meal. To meet the demands of all our customers, we can accommodate 90 guests in two separate dining rooms, completly no smoking, provided with air condition and free Wi-Fi connection.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place proved to be way below my expectations regarding the food, price-quality and atmosphere chapters.
I've been there two times (second time with colleagues and it was their choice not mine). First time I tasted what it was called "Hamburger" (it was on the special daily menu) - which did't have anything to do with what I would expect a burger should look like: it was a big meatloaf in cheese sauce and some fries (no burger-shape, taste or bun either). The taste seemed extremely salty, but that could be a subjective opinion, however I think the name is a bit misleading, they shouldn't call it something it's not. Second time I had a Greek salad - not the best one I've eaten by far, and the portion was quite small.
The fact that it is underground it's not helping either, though the interiors are ok/average.
The waiters speak English, and the menus (if I remember correctly) are also translated to English.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

visited this restaurant on 3-7-13 after reading reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed it was amazing. We found it a little hard to find as it was at the top of the street but it was well worth finding this gem of a place. The staff were welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble and the pizza I had was the best that I have ever tasted, the soup was delicious and the portion sizes are huge. This place is great value for money and a credit to the people who run it. Fantasitc. I would definitely visit again if I were in Brno

1  Thank Louise R
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I haven't been actually impressed by their pasta at all. They do get you big portions but I cannot say I would go there again for pasta or smth real italian. The staff is definitely nice. Meat & veg dishes are better though. Not the best location either. And I do not particularly like it being underground. I mean it is ok the place. But just ok. I don't think I would take my friends or family there.

2  Thank Marina S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant and thought at the beginning we had made a mistake. The place looks a bit like an American diner, but once you taste the food you change your mind.
The food is very tasty and they serve large portions.
The service was a bit slow but we weren't rushing.
All together a nice meal in a different atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Im italian and sometimes traveling in brno for work, i ve never been in leonessa up to yesterday
I know a lot of "italian reastaurant" in brno and also in other city in est europe
A cech friend told me about this restaurant and i was thinking....ok she is cech and for the meal...so i invite her to come with me to visit leonessa and....with my big surprise she was wright....exelent food and exelent arhmospheere, there is a smoker part too.
Ive toke medaglioni di maiale con salsa di carciofi and...after i must to go to cucine to give my congratulation to the chef Carlo, was delicius
My friends try pizza capricciosa and was better than most of the one i ate in italy....the pizzaiolo is italian, roberto, he s also one of the owner and...i understood why the service is soo good...
If you want to try a REAL ITALIAN RESTAURANT belive me LEONESSA IS THE RIGHT ONE!!!!