“Little italy in Brno”

Ristorante Pizzeria Leonessa
Ranked #16 of 918 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The venue, in the vicinity of the prestigious and breath taking Mahenovo Divadlo Brno theatre, offers a welcoming environment for a special occasion with friends and family, for a romantic date as well as other events such as meetings, marketing presentations, private parties, corporate dinners, fashion shows and weddings. The modern style and low light, the elegant surrounding and the design furniture with green and cream leather chairs help creating a special and cosy atmosphere. The menu is quintessential italian as it is its respect for traditions and it presents the opportunity to rediscover unique and authentic dishes blending the love for italian cuisine together with the demands of local clients. The rich and meticulously selected menu card comprises a broad selection. It may be hard to decide what to order when, among the mouth-watering choices, delicious pizzas, fresh pasta, fish delicatessen, but also bruschetta, risotto and yummy desserts stand out. The bartenders serve at the tables if you fancy an 'aperitvo' as a convivial start of your evening out. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at ease. They will promote a genuinely pleasant atmosphere which will improve your experience of the meal. To meet the demands of all our customers, we can accommodate 90 guests in two separate dining rooms, completly no smoking, provided with air condition and free Wi-Fi connection.
Reviewed May 31, 2012

After days of bad food in Brno I decided to look for a good place to eat in Tripadvisor. I'm happy I did it. The food was sooo delicious, the service really great, so I came back the day after and I would have come the day after that again but I had to go home. Really convenient if you are staying at the grand hotel in Brno as it is really close to it.

1  Thank cuzuco
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Pizzeria Leonessa

Reviewed April 15, 2012

If you want pasta or pizza, that's the place to go.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I reserved a single table, the lady taking in the reservation was very friendly and made me feel good and welcome.

Once there, I was greeted nicely and assigned a comfortable seat. The waitress that then took over responsibility for me was not as caring (let me wait for about five minutes until I could order a drink, took the napkin after my starter but didn't bring me a new one for the main course) but still nice and ok.

As a starter, I had Mozzarella Caprese which was decent although it had green salad instead of basil. My main course was a Calzone that was only lukewarm inside. My main waitress didn't ask if was happy with the meal (to her benefit, she had asked during the starter though), so I could only tell the second waitress that accidentally hushed by the table a couple of minutes later that my pizza was still cold inside.

She apologized and had it put back in the oven (or was it the microwave) for another couple of minutes. It still wasn't hot after that, but edible.

Still, even if it had been hot, I have eaten much better Italian food. The tomato sauce on top tasted like the regular stuff right out of the can, the mozzarella inside the Calzone was solid instead of flowing (partially because the pizza was cold, but putting it back in the oven didn't change the consistency of the mozzarella).

I really appreciated the waitress's uncomplicated and immediate way of dealing with my complaint because it is always very awkward for me to complain about something.

But just looking at the food, I really cannot recommend this restaurant. Maybe the cook just had a bad day.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This restaurant is where I go usually for dinner. it's managed by REAL italians from Brescia (this city is called "La Leonessa) in Lombardy, Northern Italy and is where i can find the real PASTA. They do it with mussels and with other typical italian recipe. They are very good with fish recipes and ingredients are absolutely ok. Also they have a little but good choice of wine. Ask for 'Falanghina dei Campi Flegrei', it's a white wine coming from the ever erupting zone near Napoli, where natural sulfur conditions kills parasites and gives you a fruity but dry drinking experience. Pizza is also a good choice and you can have it as an alternative to fast food at midday lunch.

1  Thank Eceriz
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Friendly people in a really beautiful place with really good pasta,meat and also really amazing fish meals...Pizza even better then many places in Italy!!!

1  Thank Satiterro