“Like normal restaurant, italy cousine far away”

Ristorante Pizzeria Leonessa
Ranked #15 of 872 Restaurants in Brno
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The venue, in the vicinity of the prestigious and breath taking Mahenovo Divadlo Brno theatre, offers a welcoming environment for a special occasion with friends and family, for a romantic date as well as other events such as meetings, marketing presentations, private parties, corporate dinners, fashion shows and weddings. The modern style and low light, the elegant surrounding and the design furniture with green and cream leather chairs help creating a special and cosy atmosphere. The menu is quintessential italian as it is its respect for traditions and it presents the opportunity to rediscover unique and authentic dishes blending the love for italian cuisine together with the demands of local clients. The rich and meticulously selected menu card comprises a broad selection. It may be hard to decide what to order when, among the mouth-watering choices, delicious pizzas, fresh pasta, fish delicatessen, but also bruschetta, risotto and yummy desserts stand out. The bartenders serve at the tables if you fancy an 'aperitvo' as a convivial start of your evening out. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at ease. They will promote a genuinely pleasant atmosphere which will improve your experience of the meal. To meet the demands of all our customers, we can accommodate 90 guests in two separate dining rooms, completly no smoking, provided with air condition and free Wi-Fi connection.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like normal restaurant, italy cousine far away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Nothing special, lots of same restaurants. Coffe cool, meal average. Same restaurant in Italy will be broke

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Lymm, United Kingdom
“A genuine treat - superb Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

I have found eating in Brno a bit of a challenge, particularly as I speak no Czech. It's hard to order food if you don't really know what is going to show up, so the chance to eat at a well rated Italian place - where I knew I could ask for food in the language of the owners and know what I was getting - was too good an opportunity to miss. First impressions were very good, as I walked down the stairs into a bright, clean and well presented restaurant, something I'd had a doubts about given that I realised that part of the place was a smoking area (something I hate). I was greeted first in Czech and then asked if I spoke Italian or English - very welcoming indeed, and I persevered in Italian.

The waiting staff were excellent throughout, continuing to converse with me in my broken Italian despite knowing I was English, something I always appreciate. The menu is extensive and the wine list more than adequate - both consisting of a great deal of Italian produced goods.

My antipasti was Carpaccio di manzo and was fresh, cold and delicious just as it should be. I had a very sizeable primi of Calamari al Profumo di Mare, with two large squid stuffed with shrimp, mussels and other excellent fish, served with a fantastic pomodorino and garlic sauce (and some unnecessary salad leaves). After polishing off those two dishes and the majority of a bottle of good red wine (Monica di Sardegna) it took me a while to build up the courage to add a desert to the end of the meal. It was worth it, however, as the tiramisu was excellent.

A great meal with great service and good wine for a grand total of just under thirty quid - and I loved every moment of it.

• Visited October 2011
Cork, Ireland
“One to go to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Hard to find and it's downstairs. But funky interior and open spaced. You get free wifi and if you keep to left after coming downstairs it's none smoking. The food is actually very good. Pasta dishes are fantastic and reasonable priced.

2 Thank JensW1