“Best so far”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I went there to try "best sushi" in Czech and explored much much more. Service was absolutely perfect - the guy knew everything from top of his head, was able to go into very deep details of preparation and materials used for every single menu item. He also gave great recomendations of wines for each of the food, including great Austrian wine to go with Sushi - again from top of his head, no need for him to spend time going through wine list as the arogant sommelier at Aureole in Prague. I also learned there that to enjoy sushi it is better not to use Soja with wasabi, just pure sushi as the sushimaster prepares it. But also the other dishes were excellent - I had PIKE-PERCH & SNAILS = superb combination. My wife had lamb (yes, in fish restaurant) - and it was absolutely perfect. It is truth that it is a bit higher, but compared with similar Prague restaurants the price is just OK and definitely worth the experience you get. RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO GET GREAT FOOD, WINE and SERVICE. And don't forget to try Japanese Whiskey - big possitive surprise.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very good experience, the food is delicious and the service is really kind and attentive.
In two people, we took one Octopus Carpaccio (very good), one fennel soup with oysters (I have to say it, it was really delicious), and a big sushi set to share. Prices are really high for Brno average (we spent 2000 crowns), but in my opinion it is worth.

1  Thank Elisa M
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We tried also other sushi restaurants in Brno, you will not find better than Koishi. Sushi there is simply delicious! And they made also the best tuna, unfortunately they changed the menu and tuna was not in the offer anymore. I wish to enjoy it there again, really dream food there. Be careful, it is nearly imposible to get there reservation. Book your table in advance :)

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here who is little scared of eating sushi in an inland country but he loved his sushi. I'm not a fan of sushi but I loved watching the sushi master. I had short ribs which were amazing.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Delicious sushi in a stylish atmosphere. The service was simply excellent. One of the best choices in Brno and Czech Republic, we loved it there!