“Missing beautiful winter hat!”
Review of Hotel Vista

Hotel Vista
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Sydney, Australia
“Missing beautiful winter hat!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed with my husband in this hotel between 04.12 - 08.12.2012. We booked a room and became one on the 8th floor with the view to the old City of Brno. The hotel is split in two different kinds of accommodation. There are rooms which are rated 3 star and apartments that are rated 4 star. The room 816 we had was quite spacious and nice, clean as well. The Bathroom was spacious as well. We had a car, so we had no problems with getting anywhere in Brno, so I am not able to talk about traveling in Brno. I had problem two days in row that people would scream throughout the corridor @6am and would wake me up straightaway,but on the third day a male couple tried to open our room guess thinking it was there's @6am & wouldn't give up on it for about 15 min. Breakfast is quite good, selection of food as well, but gosh is there one cranky lady working in the morning. Don't try to ask her anything. I also got my winter hat taken guess by the cleaning lady. I exactly new where I put it.When I asked @ reception to ask the cleaning lady whether she's seen it. This was the answer I got from reception lady:"I talk to her,but she says, 2 days ago some other lady clean it, but I don't know" She just shrugged her shoulders. I left fuming and disappointed that it just went "so by itself" missing. I think that Hotel Management should know @ all times who is cleaning which room on which level. So I wouldn't get this answer! She offered me 2 speak 2 Manager, but I thought it was waste of my time, as if the cleaning lady would say, that she or other cleaning lady "mistakenly" took it. Would rate it good but take care of your stuff guys. Poorly speaking English staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

thank you for your review on hotel Vista in Brno. We are glad you found time to write your comments. We appreciate your words that are very valuable to us and especially to our staff. There is always something to improve. I have to agree that English of our staff is not perfect. For that reason we have Managers on Duty that are here for the guests to help them with their problems. I remember that Saturday when our receptionist informed me about your lost hat and that you were not interested in speaking with me. It is a shame because I am positive we would solve the problem with your hat immediately here in the hotel.

If you decide to come to Brno again we are happy to welcome you here in Vista. I can guarantee that we will do our best to make your stay much better and comfortable.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 2, 2012

In this well renewed hotel we became a spacious appartment on the 7th floor with the view to the city. The sleeping room had a new flat TV and a comfortable bed. The place to put the clothes does not leave any wish free. The other room, where there was situated the sleeping-place for our two kids, was also furnished with the 2 comfortable chairs and the divan that was transformed for us in the double-bed. In the same room you could also cook, it was equipt with all necessery mashines. The hotel makes really good impression: its clean, the reception personal was all the time friendly and helpful. The breakfast we have enjoyed: really great variety of the dishes is offered. The first evening we took also the evening meal in the hotel restaurant. The food was really-really tasty and the card was not too great, that you could fast decide what to eat. The only negative thing for the families with the kids is that you coud only eat starting from 20 o`clock, and our children were alreday dieing from hunger at that time. I can only speak positivly about the Hotel....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elena646
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying with us. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your time here in hotel Vista.

We are sorry that your children had to wait to 20:00 to eat. Time after time we hold functions in the hotel where they book the restaurant areas too. For that instance we offer our guests room service. The room service menu is listed in each room in the Guest Directory.

We look forward to see you again
Egypt
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Vista hotel from October 8 till 11. This hotel is a bit off centre. Transportation is very easy to city centre either by tram or by taxi. The taxi takes about 10 monster to reach the main train station or freedom square at city centre where all nightlife and restaurants. The hotel can easily call you a taxi which should cost around 200 czk. The hotel has a gated car parking.
Rooms are spacious and very clean. Double glazed windows, free wifi. No bathroom amenities are provided. There is heating but no A/C. No safe or coffee making facilities.
Breakfast buffet is adequate. Fresh fruits, limited variety of bakeries. Cold cuts, cereals... Service is quick.
Hotel staff, can't tell a lot. The front office staff are welcoming and helpful. English speaking.
The hotel's restaurant closes at 10 or 11 pm (sorry can't remember exactly). So if you want a drink after hours, they can sell water, soft or hard drinks at the front office. Or else go to city centre.
I recommend this hotel for business or short trips.

• Stayed October 2012
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you for your review and detailed description of your experience in our hotel. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and you enjoyed it. We are certainly looking forward to see you in hotel Vista again in near future.
Scotland
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed August 2012 for the Motogp race. Booked on Booking.com.
Quite difficult to find reasonably priced accommodation during the Motogp weekend. We've been once before and stayed in some student accommodation which wasn't very nice and so I was keen this time to stay somewhere better but still at an ok price. Very happy with hotel Vista.
This to me, would be about the equivalant of a holiday inn. Reasonable sized rooms, but all very clean and practical.
Nice restuarant on the ground floor. Had a nice dinner there one of the evenings,
Breakfast was reasonable - it was definitely good to have it available when heading straight up to the track.
The best bit of the hotel was the rooftop bar. Lovely sitting out there in the evening enjoying the sun going down.
Athough this was quite a bit out of the centre, there were very frequent trams in and out which only took about 20 minutes and the hotel had tickets so we didn't find this to be a problem. And the tram went straight to Mendlovo square which was where the free bus to the race track went from.
Only thing lacking was some airconditioning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear valued guest,

thank you for such a positive review on your stay in hotel Vista during the Moto GP. Your comments are real motivation for all the staff. We are always happy to read positive reactions.
We look forward to see you next August during the motorbike weekend.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have been to the Czech Republic several times but this was my first time staying in Brno and so I have nothing local to compare it with. That said, the value for money was excellent.

I was travelling with quite a large party and seven of us arrived earlier than others on the friday night - about 9.50pm. Obviously we were a bit hungry by this timeand they stop serving in the restaurant at 10pm but the hotel made us feel very welcome and said that we could still eat in the roof terrace restaurant.

The terrace on the 9th floor is lovely - a really nice atmosphere, friendly staff and above all, excellent food and beer. For the foodies ... I had a sirloin cooked perfectly and my friends had rump or the mixed drill.. Okay, this is not a fine-dining establishment so you can expect a bit of slack, but my rare was rare. other good dishes throughout our stay included both cold platters, the cheese starter, trout and the ribs ... small, but 18 of them! All of the above are served with salad and garlic baguette and for about 200ck/£5.00 you cannot really argue.Oh ... the beer is good.

The rooms were pleasant and clean - all 3-room apartments come with kitchen etc. The two-bedroom rooms do not have tea/coffee facilities which is a mild inconvenience, but then again the breakfast room opens at 6am.

Breakfast - it is really what most travellers in Europe might expect, but with a bit more.. bread, meats and cheeses, yoghurt and fruit, cereal etc etc .. but the hot bit was a real delight ... mini sausages were standard, as was the scrambled egg, but the boiled eggs were done to perfection (and yes, my weightlifter friend had seven)

The hotel also offers a massage/sauna type of thing, but we did not try that.

Hotel Vista is a little bit out of the way but it is only 10 minutes in a taxi (less than 300ck)

Right, so far I have given this hotel a pretty decent review - and it was, from a personal experience. But I have to confess that I was with a group of 18 other guys on a stag-do. I sense sharp intakes of breath and several tut-tuts here - but if we had been like the usual Brits Abroad stag groups we would have gone to Prague, Amsterdam, Magaluf etc.

Check-out seemed a bit like a game of "WhatCanWeChargeThemFor" ... a wet floor by the shower that had raised all the laminate and apparently needed a complete replacement? - 6000ck (£200) - two bottles of water that were waiting on the table in a tempting manner - bugger that, they were not free after all - give me your money..

I really wanted to give Hotel Vista a rave review, but unfortunatley the last 30 minutes or so of our stay soured the experience. However, most of you who read this will be travelling alone or with a partner or a small family, as opposed to a large party of guys. Go for it - it is well worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TeacherUK19
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear valued guest,

thank you for your feedaback and detailed description of your stay in hotel Vista with regards. We are glad that your stay in general was pleasant and you enjoyed your party in Brno. Unfortunately accidents sometimes happen anywhere. The flooded damaged laminate floor was already replaced with a new one and the room is back in service for other guests arriving to our hotel.

We hope that once you come back to Brno you will choose hotel Vista again.
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Here for the three night weekend of World Superbikes and absolutely delighted with this hotel. My room and bathroom were stylish and immaculately clean.
The location was excellent for us, easy to get to the airport and the circuit. The breakfast was fairly good with fruit, cerials, cold meats and cheeses, some hot buffet etc. Because of the weather the rooftop terrace restaurant was closed on two of our nights and on the 3rd we had already arranged to go out to the Hunting Club restaurant (see my other review) and eat Rudolph (sorry kids, but Santa will be getting a lovely new Skoda in exchange). Other guests told us we missed out and that the steaks were spot on!
Free parking and free wifi at the hotel was also welcome. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. English was spoken fluently by everyone we spoke with, just as well because the only Czec I know is Jakub Smrz! I am happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fearlessbiker916
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear valued guest,

thank you very much for your pleasant comments and we look forward to your next visit in our establishment.

Best regards