Hotel Vista
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Luzan(Bohemia)
View Hotel
All reviewscity centretram stopreception staffvery nice hotelrooms are spaciousapartmentbeersupermarkettaxisfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Vista hotel from October 8 till 11. This hotel is a bit off centre. Transportation is very easy to city centre either by tram or by taxi. The taxi takes about 10 monster to reach the main train station or freedom square at city centre where all nightlife and restaurants. The hotel can easily call you a taxi which should cost around 200 czk. The hotel has a gated car parking.
Rooms are spacious and very clean. Double glazed windows, free wifi. No bathroom amenities are provided. There is heating but no A/C. No safe or coffee making facilities.
Breakfast buffet is adequate. Fresh fruits, limited variety of bakeries. Cold cuts, cereals... Service is quick.
Hotel staff, can't tell a lot. The front office staff are welcoming and helpful. English speaking.
The hotel's restaurant closes at 10 or 11 pm (sorry can't remember exactly). So if you want a drink after hours, they can sell water, soft or hard drinks at the front office. Or else go to city centre.
I recommend this hotel for business or short trips.

• Stayed: October 2012
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for your review and detailed description of your experience in our hotel. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and you enjoyed it. We are certainly looking forward to see you in hotel Vista again in near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed August 2012 for the Motogp race. Booked on Booking.com.
Quite difficult to find reasonably priced accommodation during the Motogp weekend. We've been once before and stayed in some student accommodation which wasn't very nice and so I was keen this time to stay somewhere better but still at an ok price. Very happy with hotel Vista.
This to me, would be about the equivalant of a holiday inn. Reasonable sized rooms, but all very clean and practical.
Nice restuarant on the ground floor. Had a nice dinner there one of the evenings,
Breakfast was reasonable - it was definitely good to have it available when heading straight up to the track.
The best bit of the hotel was the rooftop bar. Lovely sitting out there in the evening enjoying the sun going down.
Athough this was quite a bit out of the centre, there were very frequent trams in and out which only took about 20 minutes and the hotel had tickets so we didn't find this to be a problem. And the tram went straight to Mendlovo square which was where the free bus to the race track went from.
Only thing lacking was some airconditioning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear valued guest,

thank you for such a positive review on your stay in hotel Vista during the Moto GP. Your comments are real motivation for all the staff. We are always happy to read positive reactions.
We look forward to see you next August during the motorbike weekend.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have been to the Czech Republic several times but this was my first time staying in Brno and so I have nothing local to compare it with. That said, the value for money was excellent.

I was travelling with quite a large party and seven of us arrived earlier than others on the friday night - about 9.50pm. Obviously we were a bit hungry by this timeand they stop serving in the restaurant at 10pm but the hotel made us feel very welcome and said that we could still eat in the roof terrace restaurant.

The terrace on the 9th floor is lovely - a really nice atmosphere, friendly staff and above all, excellent food and beer. For the foodies ... I had a sirloin cooked perfectly and my friends had rump or the mixed drill.. Okay, this is not a fine-dining establishment so you can expect a bit of slack, but my rare was rare. other good dishes throughout our stay included both cold platters, the cheese starter, trout and the ribs ... small, but 18 of them! All of the above are served with salad and garlic baguette and for about 200ck/£5.00 you cannot really argue.Oh ... the beer is good.

The rooms were pleasant and clean - all 3-room apartments come with kitchen etc. The two-bedroom rooms do not have tea/coffee facilities which is a mild inconvenience, but then again the breakfast room opens at 6am.

Breakfast - it is really what most travellers in Europe might expect, but with a bit more.. bread, meats and cheeses, yoghurt and fruit, cereal etc etc .. but the hot bit was a real delight ... mini sausages were standard, as was the scrambled egg, but the boiled eggs were done to perfection (and yes, my weightlifter friend had seven)

The hotel also offers a massage/sauna type of thing, but we did not try that.

Hotel Vista is a little bit out of the way but it is only 10 minutes in a taxi (less than 300ck)

Right, so far I have given this hotel a pretty decent review - and it was, from a personal experience. But I have to confess that I was with a group of 18 other guys on a stag-do. I sense sharp intakes of breath and several tut-tuts here - but if we had been like the usual Brits Abroad stag groups we would have gone to Prague, Amsterdam, Magaluf etc.

Check-out seemed a bit like a game of "WhatCanWeChargeThemFor" ... a wet floor by the shower that had raised all the laminate and apparently needed a complete replacement? - 6000ck (£200) - two bottles of water that were waiting on the table in a tempting manner - bugger that, they were not free after all - give me your money..

I really wanted to give Hotel Vista a rave review, but unfortunatley the last 30 minutes or so of our stay soured the experience. However, most of you who read this will be travelling alone or with a partner or a small family, as opposed to a large party of guys. Go for it - it is well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TeacherUK19
VistaBrno, Manager at Hotel Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear valued guest,

thank you for your feedaback and detailed description of your stay in hotel Vista with regards. We are glad that your stay in general was pleasant and you enjoyed your party in Brno. Unfortunately accidents sometimes happen anywhere. The flooded damaged laminate floor was already replaced with a new one and the room is back in service for other guests arriving to our hotel.

We hope that once you come back to Brno you will choose hotel Vista again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Here for the three night weekend of World Superbikes and absolutely delighted with this hotel. My room and bathroom were stylish and immaculately clean.
The location was excellent for us, easy to get to the airport and the circuit. The breakfast was fairly good with fruit, cerials, cold meats and cheeses, some hot buffet etc. Because of the weather the rooftop terrace restaurant was closed on two of our nights and on the 3rd we had already arranged to go out to the Hunting Club restaurant (see my other review) and eat Rudolph (sorry kids, but Santa will be getting a lovely new Skoda in exchange). Other guests told us we missed out and that the steaks were spot on!
Free parking and free wifi at the hotel was also welcome. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. English was spoken fluently by everyone we spoke with, just as well because the only Czec I know is Jakub Smrz! I am happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fearlessbiker916

Dear valued guest,

thank you very much for your pleasant comments and we look forward to your next visit in our establishment.

Best regards