“Convenient position, beautiful interior”

Barcelo Brno Palace
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is housed in an historic building with a spectacular atrium. The internal decor is very attractive and the room we were given had all the facilities I had requested, included good air conditioning. Again a buffet breakfast, but perfectly adequate. The staff were friendly, but not always efficient. For example they accepted a request for a dinner reservation and failed to inform us that the restaurant was closed that evening. I am also bemused by their refusal to guarantee a room with the facilities we requested in advance (particularly considering the fact that this is a large hotel and they required full payment up front weeks in advance). However, I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors will protect you from any street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Often in Brno for business. Perfect quality/price ratio. Nice location. hotel is in the city center, walking distance to most important place. Hotel offers full services including fitness. Breakfast is rich. Suggested.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband & I stayed here just one night. The bedding & mattress was comfortable. But, we had difficulty figuring out the lighting. We wanted only enough light to see where the bathroom was... ended up either way too bright or pitch dark! It was also difficult to walk quietly on the floors especially to go to the bathroom down the long entry hallway. Good shower pressure & very nice bath tub to relax in. The decor in the lobby is too modern for our tastes & comfort... Gives a cold feeling & doesn't lend to a comfortable setting to interact with others. Not our style or comfort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Best Hotel but still room for improvement. Gym is minimal. Windows can not be opened. If you have a room rate without breakfast you can go multiple times to breakfast for free until the realize. Parking service is ~ 25 Euros per day.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed at this amazing hotel whilst I was away on business. The hotel is right in the heart of the city and its amenities were more than adequate. The spa looked amazing even though I didn't get to try it out. The breakfast was of a very good standard as was the room I slept in. The tram outside the window never made me stir from my sleep so overall I can say it was a most enjoyable stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Barcelo Brno Palace last week on a stopover between Prague and Vienna on June 1, 2013. We chose a junior suite and were given room 215. The room had been recently renovated and everything appeared relatively new. To enter the room you needed to use the electronic key and then give a sharp shoulder shove to get the door to open. The room was large, well decorated and looked very nice. We attempted to get into the bathroom and it was apparent that their very cheap door had experienced significant water damage over time. It had swollen and split all along the bottom and would only open about 18 inches before getting stuck on the floor. The door itself would not close all the way without a good shoulder nudge. Every few minutes the room would shake as room 215 faces the street corner where trolleys pass often. They run less often at night but there is still significant road noise heard in this room.

A week prior to coming to the hotel, I had booked a reservation at the hotel's Palazzo Restaurant for 7:00 p.m. the night we arrived. I received an email confirmation from the manager and quite looked forward to the dinner as TripAdvisor rated the restaurant very highly. At the appointed time we headed for dinner and were told that they were closed until 8:00 or maybe 8:30 as they had hosted a wedding party that afternoon. It was a cold and rainy Saturday night and we were faced with finding an alternative. The desk clerk phoned around, found another restaurant, gave us umbrellas and sent us on our way.

I know that both the hotel and restaurant are very highly rated by TripAdvisor readers, but based on our experience I would not recommend the town, the hotel or the Palazzo Restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank juannyjoe
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The building is beautiful, the ambiance touches you when you enter: modern, but still relaxing. The standard room was nothing special, clean comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, also Spanish cuts.
I stayed one night only, but definitely would go back again.

Room Tip: try to prevent the rooms facing to the tram-line.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business