“Luxury!”

Barcelo Brno Palace
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I came here for our first anniversary and what a treat. The atrium is a beautiful space that felt so relaxing and comfortable. Our room was spacious with a huge bed and luxurious fittings. The staff were consistently helpful. The breakfast choice was satisfyingly huge. I particularly enjoyed the sauna (it was switched on especially for me) and the shower room. It would've been nice if we could've have more than two (one news channel) English speaking TV channels but that's not what we came for so this was a minor quibble.

There are newer reviews for Barcelo Brno Palace

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I picked up this hotel because of the pretty pictures I saw at booking.com, and yes, the hotel and its modern design is really nice. Although my room was rather dark toned with "antique-styled" furniture, altogether it looked distinguished and not too pretentious. Bathroom with babble bath was very clean, as the spacious room itself. They have to best towels ever, they smelled so fresh and not artificial at all! I was glad that I could check-in early in the morning (few hours before the hour indicated in my reservation) and leave my luggage in the room.

But if a certain location wish to be a 4* hotel and already has very high prices (it's Brno, not Prague!), my expectations are also high. Although the staff at the reception was helpful and friendly, they work in a very slow way. Quite disturbing. As to my deluxe room - the bed was comfortable but rather tiny - I would rather expect at least queen size - mine was sized like my dormitory bed I used to sleep on few years ago. There was enough free space in the room for bigger sized bad. I missed tea facilities and slippers for very cold floor in the bathroom. They could improve the quality of the breakfast's products: awful bakery, not really nice-looking salmon, coffee - total disaster. On the other side - best scramble eggs I ever had in a hotel. Do not go the the hotel bar! They cannot make proper cocktails - their Bellini was just faked, tequila sunrise tasted badly.

I know only one other hotel in Brno (Old Town Hotel), but it's located rather far away from the city centre, although I would rather recommend it than Barceló, which is perfectly located but too expensive for what it offers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having stayed in this hotel for one night I can fully recommend it. The room was very spacious, the bathroom was clean and modern. The room was nicely decorated, the windows were soundproof, waterpressure in the shower perfect and there were some very comfy towels.
The location is perfect, right in the old town. Breakfast was also very good, very nice choice of food!I can really recommend the hotel and if I ever come back to Brno will stay there again.
ps. the only thing to skip are the drinks at the bar, even though they aren't expensive, they're not the best ones...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for business in a deluxe room. I thought the hotel was stylish and clean with modern decor inside a traditional building. The room was comfortable and I found the service to be very good. I did not get a chance to use the hotel facilities like the spa.

Reception was very organised, efficient and helpful throughout my stay.

Minor coments from my perspective was the wifi was quite slow, and I prefer my double bed not to be made up of two singles pushed together.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 23-25 November and only have good things to say about the hotel. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from where the airport bus drops you (it drops outside the Grand Hotel). The airport bus costs 25kc for a ticket valid for 60 minutes, which is more than enough to get you to the centre of town it took us 20 minutes. The buses leave every half-hour and you can buy a ticket from inside the airport either out of the machine if you have change, or from the little shop inside if you don’t have change. I believe you can also buy from the bus driver – although this depends on if he/she has change and will cost a little bit more.

Our check in at the hotel was dealt with professional and friendly, we were allocated room 405 on the 4th floor with a nice view over the park. One of the best things to mention about the hotel is how sound proofed the window’s are, we could hear no noise from outside despite a main road being close by. The other best thing about the hotel is the stunning design - everything is very tasteful and modern I loved it if only I could apply the same deco at home. The bedroom was of a good size and well equipped there was an in room safe, robe, toiletries – even a toothbrush and paste in case we forgot ours!, mini bar and a pillow menu. The only negative was that 2 single beds where pushed together - so not very couple friendly. However, it did save arguing over the duvet!

We took breakfast both mornings in the hotel as it was included in our rate – it was plentiful you could have hot breakfast or continental and it was help yourself. We had drinks one evening in the hotel bar after returning to the hotel and whilst more expensive than in-town no way near the prices of other hotel bars in Europe so was a pleasant retreat although they did stop serving at 12.30.

I would recommend this hotel – we got a great deal on hotels.com, 2 night with breakfast for £157. I cannot comment on the Spa or hotel restaurant as we did not use these.

On the day of our departure we asked if we could keep the room for an extra hour and this was possible, they also looked after our luggage till departure time and lent us an umbrella. Perfect if we are staying in Brno we will return to this hotel – it was everything we wanted it to be!

A little tip if you want to visit the Starobrno brewery it is a 10 minute walk down hill from the hotel, the brewery do guided tours just email them in advance – it costs 150czk and you get the tour, a souvenir glass and 2 beers – good value, fun and informative.

If you find this review helpful please don't forget to give it a helpful vote!

2  Thank NeveragaininKavos
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My fourth stay here and as always it is clean and the rooms are excellent value. It's a superb hotel in a great location with really nice facilities. This time round I found a failing in respect of room service. It was 2310 and I was told that room service finishes at 2300. They could do me a cheese sandwich but that's all. So, even though they advertise late night service, if cheese is not your thing make sure you call early.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stay regularly in the Barcelo Palace. It is a clean and nicely decorated hotel located in the city center of Brno. The rooms are large and have very comfortable beds. The service of the hotel staff is perfect. The restaurant has an excellent menu with friendly staff.