“I do love this place!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Once again for couple of days in Brno and couldn't resist not to visit this restaurant. This time on my own, I came for lunch. The tasting menu sounded so great that I ordered it. Inspired by game meat, it was fantastic. My favorite was the starter of some (?) breast filled with goose liver but absolutely amazing chutney, one of the mains being veal (not sure about the specific part) battered with amazing truffle mash and chocolate dessert. Total of 6 courses, 3 glasses of wine and, what I consider, the best espresso in Czech, total bill of 40EUR. What a great value. As always spotless service and great experience.

1  Thank Dafne07

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I'm working in Brno and had the chance to try city restaurants in these years. By any standard Borgo Agnese gave me the best value for money. There's a real ' inside culture' on Italian and French cuisine. Chef, owner and managers are usually invited to Italian top quality producers and excellence is visible in restaurant proposal. Table service is perfect, charming, competent. Clients are positively surprised and you can find 'rare' italian and french wines and liqueor. It is clear that you have to pay for it.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had the pleasure to lovely dinner at Borgo with my husband and friends. The food & service was excellent. Although it's not on the cheap side (very much depending on your wine choice) I would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

This is a quality restaurant! If you want to have a great dinner, wine or be in the one of the best restaurant in Czech republic, Borgo is the winner.

3  Thank SandraPetrasova
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I picked up on Borgo Agnese after seeing it so highly rated here on this site and, after being fortunate enough to have visited the #2 place in Brno, I decided to try this one out as well. It is a little tucked away so finding it will be your first challenge, but do make the effort – it is worth it!

It’s obvious the moment you enter that this is a classy restaurant. The staff are instantly attentive and polite, the décor is a step up from most that I’ve experienced in Brno restaurants and the moment you look over the menu and wine list, you can appreciate why. This is not a low cost option.

However, the wine list is magnificent – it’s always good to find your favourite wine available, but it is not all that usual you find it in a dozen different vintages or producers! There were easily 200 wines available. The menu was also diverse enough to offer choice while not falling foul of that “jack of all trades” problem; what options were available were clearly dishes the house felt they could deliver well.

What drew my eye was the taster menu and, given that I was in the mood to treat myself, I went for the larger one - http://www.borgoagnese.cz/en/menu/menu-degustation/
It was spectacular. Every dish was excellent though special mention should go to both the fish soup and the panna cotta. The former was bursting with rich flavours and had incredible depth of taste, while the latter was quite simply one of the best panna cotta you will ever taste – and this comes from someone who has eaten his way around a large part of Italy!

Put in the simplest way possible, this is by far the best meal I have eaten in the Czech Republic. It is also one of the best meals I have eaten anywhere. I’m not sure how it has not managed to find a Michelin star from somewhere, given the standard of food it prepares and the manner in which it is delivered.

Great food, great wine, great service and a thoroughly great evening – don’t miss it.

1  Thank Sionel