“not as good as we expected”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Good thing is location, only 15 min walking from city center.Room was ok, toilette very small, no wifi in room only cable for laptop. big hallway when you enter the room, really dont see what is it purpose. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Europa

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a nice, pleasant hotel, just outside of the city centre (10 minutes walking). The staff is kind and polite, they speak good English. The room is quite big, and comfortable. A small tv is a downside for me. Also, a huge chandelier just above my bed/head was a bit disturbing:) The breakfast is OK, nothing special though, I was expecting a bit more. Altogether I would recommend this hotel, because the very cheap prices they operate with.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've just got back from a wonderful weekend in Brno, and I have to say I was massively impressed with this hotel. I had booked 7 rooms (4 superior and 3 standard) for myself and 12 others.

On our arrival we were all greeted with a beautiful friendly smile from someone who genuinely seemed to enjoy giving good customer service and that never stopped all weekend, no matter what time of the day or night we turned up, and no matter who was on reception.

My superior room (#303) was a lovely room. Plenty of storage, some nice furniture, a fridge, a safe and a very modern bathroom. The shower was comfortably the most powerful I have ever experienced in my life! Suffice to say, it was that powerful I almost found it slightly uncomfortable! That was until I realised you could alter the power. The bed was comfy and when I woke up the first morning I was greeted by a large ornate light fitting that I had somehow missed before. Very nice it was too (see pic)

My group of friends were all men aged from twenty something to sixty something and all commented on how good the hotel was. Probably the most impressive thing was one of my friends mentioning that when he had his shower he stepped out on to a soaking wet floor, as he hadn't realised the shower head was broken and was was spraying water out at 90 degrees and over the top of the screen. As he passed the reception on his way out to explore the city with a few of us, he mentioned this to he receptionist. He also mentioned that his room mate was still asleep in bed, but it would not be a problem to go in and repair it as he normally didn't surface until early evening after a heavy night before. Low and behold when we all went back that evening to get changed, the shower head had been completely changed and his room mate had never even realised someone had been in. Very impressed!

The breakfast offering was good, as there was a fairly wide selection of fruit, cereal, pastries and some hot food.

The location was excellent. It was no more than a very pleasant 10 minute walk to the city centre. The closest bar on the way in to town had great beer at 29 crowns per half litre (90p a pint).

Overall, very impressed and I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: For an extra £8 a night I would definitely recommend a superior room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RiskyRich
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was one of my most horrible experience at all. I was on busines trip to Brno and needed to stay for two nights. At the chek-in I met obviously the most borded and unpleasant receptionist ever. The room was not prepared for me, thrash was full and in the bathroom were dirty towels. When I asked to change the room, my request was declined and I had to wait 20 minutes than housekeepers cleaned the room. I expected more for my 75€ / night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is placeced in a good location, has newly renovated rooms (anyway on first floor), nice personnel, not expensive, poor wifi signal, great bar in same street calld Brnak bar - a must visit before you go to sleep.

Room Tip: room 106 has bathtub and view on parking lot, and 104 showertub and viw on street
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent two nights during our holiday in August. The hotel i conveniently located, the area is not busy, you can park your car in front of the hotel(free) and walk to the centre.
we were given two double rooms, clean and comfortable. Plenty of space for all our suitcases.
breakfast was ok with a good choice; staff was kind and helpful and recommended us an excellent restaurant (Tulip)
good value for money...I'd go back if I were in Brno

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a good clean hotel near to city center (10-15 min walk). Rooms are medium in size but comfortable. TV has only Czech channels. Breakfast is good to keep you going. Staff is very helpful. No safety box in rooms but they have a main one at the reception. Free WiFi was only working at the lobby, in the rooms you can use the cable for free.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business