Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Book in advance
from
$121.99
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience BRNOguide
from $121.99
from $148.51
from $159.12
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

We spent a full day exploring Austerlitz with Helena and were very impressed in all respects. She went above and beyond, helping us out in myriad ways: she thoroughly understands customer service and we appreciated the time spent with her. She clearly knows and loves the area and if you are traveling to Brno, visiting southern Moravia, Austerlitz Battlefield, etc. we simply can not recommend Helena’s services enough !!

Date of experience: November 2017
Brno, Owner at BRNOguide, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Thank you for lovely testimonials. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the CZ.
Helen

Reviewed November 22, 2017

For a military historian a visit to the Austerlitz battlefield is a rewarding experience: the terrain has not changed much, and most of the battle's key locations (command posts and such) are well marked. You can follow the phases of the battle, and understand the "fog of war" the commanders had to deal with. (Plan on at least 4-5 hours - anything less, and you miss a lot.) The battlefield is about 8 miles by 12 miles - far too large to cover on foot, unless you have several days and a good pair of boots. And you must get there first, and you must know what to look for and where - and this is where Ms. Svedova excells.

She picked us up with a van at our hotel (at about 08:30), and drove us to Napoleon's command post first. From here we could view the entire battlefield, and with the help of the maps she provided we understood the overall situation. Then we visited the key locations (the Santon hill, the Pheasantrie, Sokolnitz castle, etc) to get a complete picture. A visit to the museum in nearby Slavkov rounded it all out.

We may have seemed a bit of a challenge: two American professional soldiers, with a keen interest in military history. Although Ms. Svedova claims to be "just a tour guide," that is an understatement: she met the challenge wonderfully. Without her local knowledge we would have missed a great deal, regardless of our professional background.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank peterakiss
Brno, Owner at BRNOguide, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Thanks your for nice testimonials. The date of Re-enactment is coming, it is a pity you will not be able to be here.

Helena

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I travelled with a friend to Brno for a visit to the Austerlitz battlefield with a friend who has a big interest in Napoleonic history.
We used Helena to guide us around the area and I must say she was excellent. We were collected from our hotel at 08.00, not returning before 19.00. Helena drove us around the entire area, visiting view points, memorials and museums. She had thoroughly researched the subject, and what she was telling us fully corroborated my friends knowledge.
For lunch she took us to a small pub/restaurant where we had a traditional Czech dinner, with beer off course.
It was a really good day, as well as being the guide, Helena was very relaxed, at times it felt like three friends on a day out.
If you are visiting the Brno area for whatever reason, I can highly recommend Helena.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank chelgad55
Brno, Owner at BRNOguide, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Thanks for lovely testimonials, I fully enjoyed guiding people with deep interest.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Helena went above and beyond to help me with my visit in Brno. She helped to recommend itineraries, provided invaluable information and was willing to amend plans based on personal interests. I saw and learned so much due to Helena’s insight, saw far more than I could have with other guides or agencies. She helped with tours that were on the regular tour itineraries plus adhoc itineraries that were not on any regular tour guide routes. If you visit Brno for touristic reasons, genealogical or other I highly recommend Helena to be able to help you make far more of your visit than you expected. When I visit the Brno region again I really hope that Helena will be able to help me make the most of it.

Date of experience: May 2017
Brno, Manager at BRNOguide, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thanks

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Helena guided me around the Austerlitz battlefield and I enjoyed it very much. She was very knowledgeable about the area and its history, and very attentive to the needs of guests. The battlefield is still a rural area, so it is more or less as it was in 1805. The village and chateau of Austerlitz are very picturesque and there are several very good museums. I highly reccommend visiting Austerlitz, and definitely reccommend Helena as a guide for the battlefield or other parts of the Czech Republic!

Date of experience: June 2017
Brno, Owner at BRNOguide, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Thanks for very nice testimonials... I enjoy guiding people who are deeply interested in the subject...