“Nice pub and nice food, wrong location on map” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vesela husa

Vesela husa
Ranked #274 of 860 Restaurants in Brno
“Nice pub and nice food, wrong location on map”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Try this pub/restaurant once, and will go back once again for our next visit in brno.

The food is really good, well presented, and beer is nice and not too expensive.

Frankfurt, Germany
“Nostalgic pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This pub is one of true pubs with no TV and other spectacular flashes. Personally for me the best pub I have ever been to, and so far three times! It's not a place where young people meet, but more like 30+, so the atmosphere is more down to earth, which is also good! My impression is that this is a place where friends will typically meet have few beers, chat and eat something before they would go out to party. There is a good selection of typical Czech "pub" food and good beer, and even absinth for those who like it. The food for my taste is more what I expect it to be for a pub and Czech beer as always tasty! From the price, it's for most peoples pocket and service is really good too. The only down side is that Czech law allows smoking inside pubs and restaurants, so a great majority of people inside were following the law, but beside that I have nothing additional to complain about. I would suggest this place for people who prefer old-fashioned style and are to some extent stuck in 80's and 90's (in positive sense), but definitely a place I'll try to visit as often as possible.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Bastian B
Oviedo, Florida
“Great lunch special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Located at the edge of the farmer's market square, we were just walking by and thought we'd give it a try. They had a list of lunch specials and although they ended at 1:00 they gladly served us the special even though we were about 10 minutes after that. The specials were 75 KC and beers 38 each, total of just over $10 US. My wife and I both had the pork schnitzel which came with a soup starter and boiled potatoes. Although the regular menu had English (and several other) translations the lunch list did not. The waitress was very friendly and did a great job translating the menu for us. Nothing fancy just tasty hearty food at a good price, in a nice atmosphere with a friendly staff.

• Visited January 2012