“FANTASTIC!”

New York Cocktail Bar at Hotel U Prince
Ranked #85 of 683 Nightlife in Prague
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ihave st=tayed at the Hotel U Prince twice now, its a beautiful place to stay, drink and eat. The staff are so friendly and go above and beyond to meet your needs. I cannot praise this Hotel enough. I love the place.

2  Thank Vicki P

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hotel U Prince has 3 different aspects, sip a Svarak (hot wine) on the heated roof terrace with stunning views across the city by day or night or treat yourself to a cocktail in the sumptuous hotel bar on the ground level. Then there's the cavernous, candle-lit Black Angels bar underground, often someone is playing piano. All 3 are great and not as expensive as you might think.

1  Thank nativeoyster
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stumbled accross this hotel whilst walking around the old town sqaure. We were enticed first by its ice cream stand out the front and an advertisement for the Black Angels Bar.
The first time we entered, we sat inside on the ground floor and watched the passersby. It was late afternoon and we just wanted a drink. The mojitos were delightful and the service was great.
A few days later we decided to head back to the hotel to indulge in the mojitos, but this time we ventured upstairs to The Terrace Bar, with the aim of watching the sunset. A truly magic view of the square and dusk skyline AND even better, were the XL Mojitos at only $9.50! Not expensive in our books. Again the staff were friendly and attentive.
On our way out we headed down to the basement to check out the famous Black Angels Bar, it looked like an amazing setting but it was too early in the evening for the crowds. Definitely on our "to do" list for next time.

1  Thank jacjacjackeee
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hmmm...Well the food was nice, we both had the goulash (as it was our first meal in Prague so we did the touristy thing) The meal was nice, it was cooked with steak which was beautifully tender and till pink in the middle but the dumplings were disappointing and lacked flavour. The service was pretty bad to be honest, lots of staff but no one paying attention and it was very quiet so no excuse for that really. no one came to see if the meal was ok, no one asked if we wanted more drinks, we were just ignored. Bread was brought to the table, we were not asked if we wanted it and we didn't really eat it because there was no butter or oil supplied (who eats dry bread?) but we were certainly charged for it. We were also charged a cover fee, why? we were also charged for service which was unacceptable on top of the cover fee and the service was terrible. There is a roof terrace (which we could see form the clock tower when we went up there two days later) but we were not offered to sit up there, this visit would probably have been worth it if we had because we could have enjoyed a view of the city while being ignored by the staff. There are better places to go in prague than here.

1  Thank Gemofthema
See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This location is ideal, but never EVER eat here!

Firstly, there's about 6/7 waiters walking about, at least 4 half the time are stood doing nothing (no meet and greet service, no checking how your meal is/was etc)
After we walked in, we sat where we wanted, they took our drinks order and gave us a menu

They brought bread to our table without us asking (I read previously I should decline this, so I knew afterwards I'd get charged!). I didn't and we didn't eat no bread.

I ordered for my lunch veal ravioli and my wife ordered Spaghetti Carbonara. Both meals were delicious.

The waiters were rude as far as I’m concerned. No interaction. Just one word phrases, "You finished", "More drinks?" Now this is obviously a language barrier, but still, for a restaurant smack bang in the middle of the tourist attraction you'd expect better. (We got better of the beaten track!)

The warning signs we all there. The Americans next to us were saying that there wasn't one bit of chicken in their Chicken soup!

On coming to pay I was charged 60 Kc's for what was for privilege to sit down at the table to eat a meal and for the bread (£2). I was then charged a further 70 Kc's for the pathetic service I received (Another £2.40 ish). And they had the cheek to look at me in disgust as i never left them a tip! They'd already got an extra 20% off me!

DO NOT EAT HERE!

There are better value, nicer food, nicer service and lovely hidden gems off the beaten track away from the tourist areas

1  Thank Craigpaul85