“Great hotel”

EA Hotel Sonata
Ranked #317 of 670 Hotels in Prague
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Only a few days to visit this beautiful city, but fully satisfied.
Very comfortable hotel, rooms were spotless and very well soundproofed. The staff were polite, helpful,
Great location, a ten minute walk you can easily reach the center
The breakfast buffet caters for all tastes whether you love the sweet or salty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your positive experiences about your stay at EA Hotel Sonata on Tripadvisor. It is fantastic for me to read just a title - great hotel - and see that you were satisfied with offered service and with our staff. For me it is the best confimration that we do our business well and all the guests who are coming to our hotel could expect great service and can really look forward to their stay.

Thank you for your stay, hope you will choose our hotel for your next visit in Prague again and wishes you all the best.

Hotel director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed only two nights but we are very pleased by this hotel. Great location ! Very kind employees. Rooms are large and comfortable. It's situated just right to national museum and Wenceslas Square .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Neli,

I am so proud to read your comment. Thanks to your review I can see that the gues appreciate our effort to improve the services. But the most important is that you really enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that when you or your friends will decide to visit Prague you will remeber on EA Hotel Sonata :-) Do not forget to check our webpages to find special offers and always the best price.

Thank you for your stay and wish you all the best.

Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The location of the hotel is absolutly good with a walk of approx. 5 min. to Wenzelplatz (Václavské náměstí) and 15 min. to the town hall (Novoměstská radnice). The hotel are directly on a corner of two main roads. Therefore on the streetside it is very loud. The size of the room is sufficient and the equipment is still good. My room had a very few signs of usage. My only criticism is the air conditioning / ventilation. These was not complety functional.
The personal was constantly kindly and endeavour. The breakfast was also sufficient.

In summary, the Sonata is a good city hotel in central urban location with an excellent price-performance ratio. In relation with an expensive hotel or wellness hotel the hotel have a bit potential for improvement. If I vistit Prague again, I would like stay again in Sonata!

Room Tip: Rooms inside and not orientate to the streets,
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment. I am glad that you were satisfied with offered service. We already started with an improvements in the hotel - during the February and March we completly rebuilt a reception area and facade of the hotel, we started with painting of rooms and there are severals things to do during the 2014. So I think when you will come to EA Hotel Sonata again you will se improvements everytime on every step :-)

Thank you for your stay and look forward to your next visit

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Was here for 4 nights. Cheap prises, and good location.5 minutes walk to central of Prague.Will stay here next visit to Prague. Hotel Was in middle of renovation when we stayed there. But it did not bother us.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kim H
Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your feedback. It is right - during the February we were improving our services and comfort for the guests and I am happy to inform you that at the begining of the March 2014 we will welcome you in the brand new reception area. We used only natural materials - stone and wood. I am proud that in addition to this renovation we paint most of the guests rooms and we are preparing other improvements for you.

We hope that you will like all the changes and news during your next stay in EA Hotel Sonata.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great hotel with friendly staff who can't do enough for you, helped us many ways
Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Despite being on a main busy room, inside the hotel was quiet.

Breakfast is good with lots of choice, buffet style.

Good location, but would have preferred to be a little closer to the old town.

Would stay again if I return to Prague as it was very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your possitive comment. I cannot imagine better start to a new business week as with a reading reviews like yours.

I am glad that your stay was great, I can promise you that me and the whole staff of EA Hotel Sonata will continue in providing a professional service to make our guests feel like at home.

We hope to see you in our hotel again soon.

Pilsen, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

very good location of the hotel. Hotel is next the one of the most busiest streets in the city so aks for room which has not windows to street. rooms are nice, big enought, nice bathroom. the breakfast is very poor, not real juice but just a sweet watter. There are lots of russian turist in the hotel. I habe been there more times and always the same.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomáš B
Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment. To be honest I am little bit embarrassed of it. The title says that we are 3 stars hotel, ranking is average but the major problems mentioned in the review are: not real juice and lot of russian tourists in the hotel. Neither one, unfortunatelly, I do not find as a reason to be a 3* hotel. Russian tourists are for more than 3 years major group of arrivals in Czech republic (but not only here). It is a huge market and I am sure, that this nationality will dominate in all the hotels not only in Prague. Fresh juice is available at the hotel for a small fee - it is not a standard for a continental breakfast in a 4* hotel. We use a worldwide known concentrate which substitute fruit juices especially thanks to its fruit ratio.

I am pleased that this was not your first visit in our hotel, I hope that I will have an opportunity to speak with you during your next visit in Prage to persuade you about the quality of our service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime.

Thank you and hope to see you in our hotel soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I spent 2 nights at this hotel and found it clean and comfortable. I was on the 2nd floor and I still heard some noise but not enough to keep me awake. I was able to walk to the major public square and mill about and walk home in under 15 minutes. The entry is locked and controlled by (maybe) 11pm. It's about 5 - 7 minutes cab away from the train station or you can probably walk if your luggage isn't that heavy. quite affordable as well: i paid $57 PER NIGHT!! can't go wrong with that!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelisMySanctuary
Sonata_manager, Manager at EA Hotel Sonata, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. It is a pitty that your stay did not fulfill your expectation on 5/5 points but for us it is a signal to continue in improving the quality of the services which was started after my appointment in Summer 2013. I hope that when you will come back to Prague you will choose our hotel again and give us the full ranking. Thank you for your stay, me and the EA Hotel Sonata staff wishes you all the best.