Ways to Experience Daytrip
from $364.44
from $364.44
from $134.03
2,722 results
All reviews day trip safe driver door to door service private transfer excellent driver highly recommend this service cesky krumlov great trip comfortable car central europe river cruise czech republic vehicle company journey pompeii cars
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We recently traveled from Prague to Vienna with Daytrip. Our driver, Jiri, picked us up at our hotel in Prague and very efficiently drove us to our hotel in Vienna. We stopped along the way for an enjoyable tour of Klosterneuburg. We were very glad Jiri was driving as they are completely redoing the road between the two cities (with EU dollars). Jiri was well acquainted with all the stops and starts so we just sat back and enjoyed the fabulous view.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I travelled with my wife and two sons, 14 & 11. I was looking for a low hassle, low stress way to go from Prague to Vienna. I came across Daytrip. It was very easy to make a reservation, with fast confirmation from Tomas. We got picked up at our hotel, we selected where we wanted to stop for sightseeing, and we got dropped off at our new hotel, all hassle free. Our driver, Jiri S., greater us with a bottle of water, was very helpful, made sure my kids were not hungry. He have us high level facts about the places we visited, and made our day most enjoyable. I highly recommend Daytrip!

2  Thank jstaines72
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Our experience traveling with our two adult sons was terrific. Danial was a very cordial guide, Picked us up at our Gasthof in Gmunden, Austria, presented a great tour of Cesky Krumlov and selected an excellent restaurant there for our lunch, and delivered us to our Prague hotel. Pre-trip communication with Daytrip gained prompt responses and the way Marketa and Tomas responded to our pre-trip inquiries was very comforting.

I consider DayTrip one of the 'great finds' in our European travel this year, and I have recommended the company to our friends and, frankly, anyone else that mentions travel in the area.

2  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed July 26, 2016

My son and I used DayTrip to get from Prague to Frankfurt. It was comparably-priced to flying, and a nice change from dealing with busses and trains to get to and from airports. Being picked up at our apartment was such a treat!
I loved seeing more of the countryside during the journey, and our driver, Marek, was professional and spoke English quite well. I would definitely use DayTrip again.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Dessa H
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Booked Prague to Munich as the website advises ETA 4 hrs non stop and add 1 hour for the cave tour we opted to visit on the way. Was a bit pricey but the slow train advised over 7 hrs so thought we'd pay extra & give this a go as it was a few hrs quicker and this really appealed to us. We were picked up on time at 10am and our driver was friendly & car comfortable. However at the caves we were asked to purchase our own tickets and we awkwardly had to explain we had paid extra for this option when booking, and that entry was included for us. After the tour we headed to Munich stopping only once for no more than half an hour for lunch including a toilet break as we seemed to be falling behind schedule from our estimated 3pm arrival time and we wanted to keep moving as we planned to explore Munich in the afternoon when we arrived. We got stuck in traffic outside of Munich for about 20 minutes and took about 10 mins to find our apartment once we arrived in Munich. So with these stops/ delays this would be an approx 4pm arrival time which I can accept. We however arrived at 6pm and lost our afternoon in Munich as our advised ETA 5 hr trip blew out to 8hrs. At the end of the day we arrived safely however we can't help but feel disappointed that the trip took far longer than was advised and in the end would have been quicker & cheaper by slow train.

When we left this feedback with Marketa @ Daytrip she responded by rolling in the extra 2 unaccounted hours into the stops/ delays I had already accounted for and re iterating that the times advised are estimates only. I don't know if we took the long way or were driving really slow, but 3 extra hours is a big variance from the ETA advised on the website & Daytrip don't want be accountable for it. Marketa was only sorry for me being disappointed in what I had expected the travel time to have been, even though my expectations were from what the Daytrip website (still) advertises and is the reason I booked in the first place. It would have been nice for her to apologise for the times they advise on the website not being accurate or explain how those extra 2 hours were lost. Just beware as Daytrip clearly consider this variance acceptable. Its just lucky we didn't have to be in Munich by a certain time that day however we lost the few extra hours we were counting on while on our short stay in Munich.
FYI: After our 8 hour trip to Munich our driver told us he then had to drive back to Prague that evening to drive to Krakow and back the next day.

6  Thank PlanetExpress29
Marketa_Bl, Manager at Daytrip, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Hi again,

Thank you for taking the time to review Daytrip. We’re continually working hard to improve our services, we appreciate your input As we stated in our email correspondence, we apologize that your trip took longer than anticipated and were happy to discuss the details with you. Customer service is important to us and we’re regretful to hear about your experience.

When we stated that arrival times are estimated, we’d like to clarify that that simply means the estimated time doesn’t account for lunch/restroom breaks, delays, or traffic jams. That doesn’t mean that we don’t try to get our customers to their destination in a timely manner. It simply means that you have to take into account reasonable circumstances that may increase your travel time (as with any form of travel).

Our guides try their best to get customers to their destination in a timely fashion without compromising safety or comfort. They always observe all required safety limits. If our customers need to get to their destination by a specific time, the guide knows in advance and plans accordingly (shorter bathroom breaks, less stops, etc.) to ensure that it will happen.

We acknowledge that your trip took substantially longer than originally quoted. This is an unusual occurrence and we’d like to sincerely apologize. We’re continually working on ensuring our estimated arrival times are as accurate as possible, so your feedback is very helpful to us. If you’d like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Also regarding the admission fee to cave tour, please bear in mind that all fees for attractions/tours are NOT included in the price. Please take a look at the FAQ’s on our website for further clarification. The website states: “If you decide to participate in third party activities, tours or sightseeing, there might be associated costs.” This means that the entrance fee to the caves are not included in the total. Thanks for understanding.