“A real surprise”

AIdente Trattoria E Vineria
Ranked #273 of 5,822 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Aldente restaurant is all that a true Italian trattoria should be - we offer a cosy interior, homelike atmosphere, pleasant service and most of all authentic Italian cuisine based not only on homemade pasta, but also fresh fish or various dishes made of genuine Tuscan beef and pork. We serve a generous selection of wines from all Italian regions, as well as grappa and other digestives.
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We were quite taken by surprise as we chanced upon this gem by fluke.
The pasta we had was some of the best we have had outside Italy which they make from scratch daily.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our concierge recommended this restaurant to us and we're glad he did. It was a fantastic meal! If I closed my eyes….I would have thought I was in a restaurant in Tuscany! We went with our children and we all had pasta….highly recommend the porcini pasta and the pesto pasta dishes. Desserts were fantastic as well! Lovely staff! Definitely would return to Aldente!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was a busy night but they let me have a table for an hour which was plenty of time for a couple of glasses of wine and a good fishy tagliatelle. The service was helpful and the bread in a brown paper bag was excellent. Thank you.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

After a week of Central European food, I was really in need of something light, so we decided to go for Italian on New Year's Eve. Both my wife and I were very happy with our meals. She ordered the whole trout, which was perfectly cooked. I ordered fresh pasta with sauce, tomatoes, and basil, and it was very good.

The bread was also good, as was the salad with shaved Parmesan on top.

My only criticism was that we had two servers, and one seemed to really know the menu and wine pairings while the other did not. After one server suggested two wines that clearly didn't fit with our meals, he then suggested a bottle that seemed similarly bizarre. Those bizarre choices also happened to be the most expensive wines on the menu. When the other server came back, she suggested two wines that paired beautifully. I love my wine pairings, and I give our second server credit for picking good ones.

I'm not sure how much I just really needed a good, lighter meal, and how much this restaurant was truly impressive. But the prices were good (there was no inflated New Year's Eve menu as with most other restaurants in prague) and we had a fantastic experience. For that I thank Aldente.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We dropped in with no reservation - it was a busy night and they still managed to fit us in. It's clearly a popular restaurant so a booking would be a good idea. The staff were very friendly and helpful in english. Homemade pasta was lovely, fresh and simple flavours. Desserts were fabulous. Good atmosphere and value dinner.