“Helpful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AIdente Trattoria E Vineria

AIdente Trattoria E Vineria
Ranked #249 of 5,323 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Aldente restaurant is all that a true Italian trattoria should be - we offer a cosy interior, homelike atmosphere, pleasant service and most of all authentic Italian cuisine based not only on homemade pasta, but also fresh fish or various dishes made of genuine Tuscan beef and pork. We serve a generous selection of wines from all Italian regions, as well as grappa and other digestives.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

It was a busy night but they let me have a table for an hour which was plenty of time for a couple of glasses of wine and a good fishy tagliatelle. The service was helpful and the bread in a brown paper bag was excellent. Thank you.

Visited December 2013

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very good choice for lighter fare in Prague”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

After a week of Central European food, I was really in need of something light, so we decided to go for Italian on New Year's Eve. Both my wife and I were very happy with our meals. She ordered the whole trout, which was perfectly cooked. I ordered fresh pasta with sauce, tomatoes, and basil, and it was very good.

The bread was also good, as was the salad with shaved Parmesan on top.

My only criticism was that we had two servers, and one seemed to really know the menu and wine pairings while the other did not. After one server suggested two wines that clearly didn't fit with our meals, he then suggested a bottle that seemed similarly bizarre. Those bizarre choices also happened to be the most expensive wines on the menu. When the other server came back, she suggested two wines that paired beautifully. I love my wine pairings, and I give our second server credit for picking good ones.

I'm not sure how much I just really needed a good, lighter meal, and how much this restaurant was truly impressive. But the prices were good (there was no inflated New Year's Eve menu as with most other restaurants in prague) and we had a fantastic experience. For that I thank Aldente.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We dropped in with no reservation - it was a busy night and they still managed to fit us in. It's clearly a popular restaurant so a booking would be a good idea. The staff were very friendly and helpful in english. Homemade pasta was lovely, fresh and simple flavours. Desserts were fabulous. Good atmosphere and value dinner.

Columbia, MD
“Excellent Italian food & ambience in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had dinner here on our last night in Prague & oh, what a treat! After 12 days of Czech food, we were a little homesick & were craving something lighter & Italian. Our first course salads were just like we remembered from vacationing in Tuscany. My seafood over steamed spinach was perfect & my husband's Tuscan lasagna was the best we'd ever had -- I'm not exaggerating. The brunello was superb. Wait staff was attentive & the place was cozy/comfortable. So sorry we waited until our last night to try this gem.

Santa Monica, California
“Great ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We ate lunch at Aldente Ristorante last week in Prague. We chose it for its ambiance and were not sorry. The food was delicious, and the wait staff was very friendly, efficient, and spoke excellent English. We would definitely recommend the restaurant to those in the old city. It is located across the street from the Spanish synagogue.