“wonderful fries”
Review of Garage Poutine

Garage Poutine
Ranked #17 of 90 Quick Bites in Prague
Neighborhood: Karlin
Description: “Poutine” is a fast food dish originating in Quebec, Canada, made with french fries, topped with cheese curds and hot brown gravy–like sauce. It is also found in some places in the northern United States, where it is called “Disco Fries”. The most widespread claim for inventing poutine comes from the small dairy–farming town of Warwick, Québec, where, in 1957, a customer asked restaurateur Fernand Lachance to throw cheese curds, French fries in one bag with gravy. “Poutine” was born hence the meaning of the word in French slang means “Hot Mess”
Reviewed June 1, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. VERY tasty fries. Great place to go if you are in need of some fast and not exactly a healthy dish.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 4, 2019

As a Canadian living in the UK, I was absolutely delighted to find a Poutine restaurant while visiting Prague. Authentic Poutine is not something I come across very often and I must admit I didn't hold out much hope as many places in Canada don't seem to get Poutine right, but Garage was delicious! It was reasonably priced, the portions were generous, the fries were fresh cut, the gravy was thick and heavy (as it should be) and they used actual cheese curds. Garage is as authentic as it can be as a Canadian restaurant outside of Canada.

They offer various types of Poutine, all of which sounded amazing but I went for the Classic Poutine and it did not disappoint! The only thing that was disappointing was the fact I didn't get a tiny Canadian flag in my meal as I had seen in the other photos. Not a big deal obviously but it's such a cute added touch.

The restaurant is tiny so seats are limited but we didn't have a problem with this. The Canadian decoration in the restaurant really made the experience all the better.

It is away from the main city centre but super close to Metro links so easily accessible and worth the trip. It isn't open all day so I'd suggest checking the opening hours before heading there to avoid disappointment.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

I came here with my wife for a late lunch and found this gem. It specialises in Canadian poultine (basically chips, gravy and cheese curds). Served with various meats ie. Bacon, pulled pork etc. I found it cheap yet really tasty. Not much in the way of seating but so many take it to go. Great find.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We popped in while staying in Karlin and were super impressed. The Poutine is cooked fresh with hand cut potato fries and lashings of lovely gravy and pulled pork!

This place is open for lunch and dinner Monday thru Friday.

Give it a try if you you haven’t had Poutine before, or even if you have!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

After I saw many recommendations here on Tripadvisor I decided to give this place a try. Got the Mississippi Poutine and I was really surprised how delicious that was. This one was with brown sauce, pulled pork and cow cheese. The portions seems really small but the small one is so large that we couldn't finish it. Will definitely come back and recomend to my friends.

Date of visit: July 2018