“Be prepared...”

Ranked #639 of 5,787 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, French, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant has 32 seats and a sofa corner if you need to rest. Smoking is prohibited The restaurant is air-conditioned. There is a WiFi connection. We accept credit card payments or cash in Czech currency.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Must preface this by saying that we went in a very cold week in early April, and apparently the place is bustling in summertime, which might have changed our experience a lot.

Restaurant is exactly as it looks in pictures, an old cave with modern touches, fancy candelabras and colored mood lighting. The staff is very friendly, but VERY formal. We weren't expecting such a stuffy atmosphere -- three separate waiters circling, bread being delivered with silver tongs and white gloves. It also felt like the whole staff could hear our conversation, despite the soft music and the few other scattered couples. This gets awkward quickly.

The food varied and overpriced in my opinion (though not severely) -- my sea bass was quite good, but my chicken soup was the strangest I've ever tasted. My wife got a chicken dish which was tender if you were using a light saber.

But by the time we finished dessert (which was great) and a bottle of wine, the place seemed less sterile and cold. Can't fault the staff for anything, but the ambiance and formality made it a very awkward meal.

*IF YOU GO, THOUGH, definitely get car service. Punctual, cheap, and friendly.

1  Thank 979MarkB979
OtakarZoudlik, Manager at Svata Klara Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Mark,
at first place i would like to thank you for your visit and your opinion shared on TA.
We always try to perform our best service according to highest standards of traditional and classical restaurants, which i believe Svata Klara really is.
I am so sorry that you misplaced this professionalism with formality.
In these days many other restaurants offering just basic levels of service and we decided not follow this example.
I am on the other way happy, that you find our stuff also very friendly, because it is the point, what we are trying to do. The perfect harmony of professionalism and friendly behavior.
Yours
David Podgorny
Restaurant manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The ambiance is unique. Service is beyond impeccable. Food is great. The whole experience is amazing. Use their transportation, it costs the same or less than a regular taxi.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I visited this very good restaurant on Saturday evening. We had booked it in advance on-line - it was easy and they responded quickly to confirm our resevation. It is a long way out of town, but we booked a taxi both ways (approx £12 each way). The restaurant is situated in cave. The atmosphere is quite unique and very memorable. The food and wine were excellent, spoilt only but the dessert that was below par (strawberries poorly flambeed). The servce was superb and very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and would certainly go again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing meal here with my husband. Couldn't recommend highly enough. Don't be put off my it being out of city, we used their taxi and I booked it all from home before arriving in Prague. The food and wine were delicious, and the service was impeccable.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was in Prague between November and December 2012, I feel regret that my friends and I went only once to this amazing restaurant the day before our flight going back to Dubai. We were taken from our place by their Limousine service to the cave restaurant..From the entrance, we felt already their high standard of customer service. The food was superb, excellent variety of different cuisine. I love the place, very attractive, a very luxurious cave with high quality of interiors and furniture's. I never seen any restaurant as unique as they have..really impressive, it makes my tour that time as a wonderful tour experience and wish to come back more and more. I liked all the staff, very accommodating, friendly and professionals. A special brag to all of you guys! We are very lucky to have this kind of experience! By the way, this place is a perfect place to take a vow too...I hope someday, Svata Klara management will have this idea.