“A great wedding celebration at Peklo” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Peklo

Restaurant Peklo
Ranked #167 of 5,316 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
London
“A great wedding celebration at Peklo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I held my wedding reception at Peklo in June 2012 and cannot recommend it highly enough. We took the whole of the property for our wedding and had 49 guests, we held our dinner in the private section of the restaurant and our disco and dancing where the restaurant seats normally are – it worked very well.

Elena the Restaurant Manager was fantastic, she was very helpful in advance and with the pre-meetings. The waiters and bar staff where excellent providing attentive service with a smile. We as a group only spoke English and this was not a problem to the staff.

We enjoyed good wine with dinner and the open bar proved very popular with our guests after dinner, so many people commented on how good the bar staffs service was - remembering what everyone was drinking. The food came out promptly and good timing considering the size of our group - 49 to feed, no complaints whatsoever. One table didn’t have their coffee’s come out but after speaking with a member of staff this was rectified.

The Manager was flexible in that we hired our own dance floor, DJ and lighting for the wedding, they also stayed open for another 2 hours after our agreed finishing time!

I really recommend this restaurant – it is a unique setting that has the wow factor which was perfect for our wedding. We have also eaten on two other occasions in the restaurant just two of us – each time the food has been wonderful, the background live music enjoyable and the service great. A romantic setting and never too busy, sometimes a shame there aren’t more people there. I look forward to returning on my next visit to Prague.

Thanks Peklo and all the staff!

• Visited June 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Carolina
“A wonderful birthday dinner !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Being in Prague for my wife's birthday I wanted to find a restaurant that was memorable. Restaurant Peklo was certainly that. Situated in an old wine cellar dating back to where King Charles wandered to pick out his wine. My wife, one college age daughter and myself had a truly wonderful evening there. It was on a Monday night, a traditionally slow restaurant night, but on this occasion, we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. It turned out it was the first night of their new menu, something they change about twice a year. Wow... what a wonderful dinner. Starting with a couple bottles of Czech champagne (sparking wine) followed by some sophisticated twists on traditional Czech dishes, we dined for over two hours. Truly a memorable meal. All for the price of one person at a good restaurant back in the U.S. We will make it our first stop when we return to Prague.

• Visited July 2012
Belfast
“Fantastic night in a really atmospheric setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I read about Peklo on Trip Advisor as my partner and I were staying at the Lindner Prague Castle and a lot of guests there go to Peklo as its right next door in the monastery grounds.

I'll keep this short as all I can really say is that we had a brilliant time. The food was really good - and I went in not expecting it to be judging by a lot of reviews. It was the look of the place that had attracted me and that was as promised - very gothic and romantic.

Only slight point is that service was quite slow as there was only one waiter on. But he was friendly, helpful and polite so it really is a minor point.

If you're considering it then you should give it a go!

Durango, Colorado
“Peklo, Prague”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

What a fun place for dinner since the name translates to "Hell" and it is located in an old monastery, kind of cold and damp but lots of atmosphere...We only found out about it from a friend who had been there previously so our entire group found its way there - out of the way...Pretty good food.

• Visited August 2011
san antonio, texas
“Great hidden gem in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Fantastic ambiance, amazing food, service was friendly and welcoming. Overall wonderful experience.

1 Thank texngirl