“Lovely experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aromi - CLOSED

Aromi
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Manchester
“Lovely experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Recently visited on a Saturday night - located away from the main action in Prague but well worth searching out. Very nice, friendly attentive staff and imaginative cooking. Wife has a lovely taster menu - portions slightly small but great tastes. Fabulous selection of wines from Italy (not surprisingly)and waiter recommended a very good one for us. they also have an amazing table in the middle of the restaurant with all their digestifs - very dangerous! Certainly very different from the usual fare in the busy squares and one we'd definitely visit again.

Visited July 2014

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
“Second visit this year - hard to fault”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I've had two visits this year and this place is hard to fault. The food is excellent, the staff friendly and knowledgable. The prawn and calamari starter is particularly recommended as is the mozzarella and caponata. Portions are on the smaller side which suits me and means you get to sample more.

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Visit now before it gets a Michelin star....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I cannot speak too highly of this restaurant.If your visiting Prague it is worth the journey as it is off the beaten track and therefore eating outside is a pleasure.The staff are fantastic, speak great English and nothing was too much trouble.Follow the advice on wine and you will be pleased.I had a Czech Chardonnay and it was really good !! The Fish dishes were superb and the waitress filleted the fish beautifully ...(I hate bones...). We had a delightful evening at a price that will look very cheap when it gets its well deserved first star.

• Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I went to this restaurant 2 weeks ago with 2 Australian friends who were raving about this place. I was very sceptical at first, as many restaurants in Prague are very average and predictable.
I was delightfully surprised.
First of all the restaurant is in a back street away from any main tourist areas. It is on a corner of a lovely tree lined area. The interior décor was modern and very stylish. The arrival and greeting was truly professional and the level of service throughout the meal was excellent. All the staff spoke perfect English.
They had a professional sommelier on hand and his recommendation was a Sicilian red wine which I had not tried before.....stunning, medium bodied red which I enjoyed very much and good for the price.
I started with a starter of a large ricotta filled ravioli in a truly exquisite black truffle sauce. An absolute triumph. I followed this with a main meal of Spatchcock cooked with a polenta and beetroot chips. To be fair my description does not do the meal justice. The presentation, the flavours and everything about this place was great.

I have eaten all over the world in many restaurant, including Michelin starred venues. In my humble opinion, this restaurant/Chef is worthy of a Michelin star. Love this place!
The price for the value we had was very reasonable.....in the UK you would have easily paid twice as much for a meal of this standard.

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Do Not Miss This”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is the #1 restaurant in Prague, without a doubt in my mind. First, they have cuisine of all type. Sure, it is considered Italian, but they have EVERYTHING. Second, the staff speaks perfect English. Third, the food is outstanding. I lived in Prague for 6 months and I came here every week and even had my birthday party here for over 70 guests and they were able to make it happen flawlessly. David manages the restaurant perfectly, and Leon is simply the best waiter the world has ever seen, he even memorized my order down to how I liked my meat cooked. I have told people to come here and everyone loves it. I can go on for ever with how great Aromi is, do not miss it when in Prague, especially because you can eat 3 fancy courses for under 30 USD!

• Visited November 2013