“Finest Italian I have had in Decades”
Review of Aromi - CLOSED

Aromi
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Off the touristy track, this restaurant tops in terms of service, presentation, quality, friendliness and I would rate them as one if the best that I have had. Great place to make an impression to a loved and an ideal and romantic setting to sweep a girl off her feet. Though a tad expensive approx 1000/- CZK per head, my family friends and I absolutely loved it. Probably a must do for Praha ....

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Staff was attentive and the starter was great. However, main course was a lot less impressive. My fish was delivered in small pieces (it was taken off the skeleton in front of us) which is something I hadn´t seen before. It simply didn´t look nice on the plate at all. It came with two completely plain boiled unsalted potatoes of not very good texture and some sauce. I don´t think I ever had such a plain looking and plain tasting meal for that kind of money that Aromi charges. Ambience is very casual (no table cloths etc). It got really noisy there when other guests arrived. I could hardly hear myself and my companion. No 2nd time for me. I also visited their sister restaurant a few years ago, that was also pretty average. There are better Italian restaurants in Prague, for instance La Veranda.

1  Thank DPraha
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Located away from the general tourist maelstrom in a residential area this restaurant delivered an absolutely superb meal on a Saturday night. Expensive for Prague, but a real bargain set against other European prices.

After initial panic at an extensive wine list we put ourselves in the hands of the wine waiter who made superb choices well within our budget. Faultless service, which is not easy when one of our party has difficult requirements, and a genuine interest in ensuring our meal was 1st class. The lobster pasta was magnificent, but all starters/mains pasted muster – no room left for desserts unfortunately! An end of meal discussion with our waiter on the delights of Grappa, with an ex-gratia tasting, completed what was a memorable meal. For a relaxed, quality meal in Prague this is the place.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Invited by a friend for lunch, I had my reservations for an Italian experience. No reservations anymore. An absolute Oasis and a lunch to remember. Am amazing venue for experiencing an exceptional menu. Went for starter with brain which was crisp on the outside and sublime in the middle. Washed down with a cold glass of wine. Went for fish for the main which once again lived up to an admirable mouth- watering course and provided with the smiling and friendly attentive service made up for a satisfied lunch in a truly Italian Oasis.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Restaurant is on the corner of an normal Prague street. Inside the surroundings are dark and cosy. We came on a nice early summer evening and it was pleasant inside.

Portions are large at this Italian restaurant in Prague 2. My starter of various fish almost filled the table. Quality is very good. The wine list is extensive - champagne, prosecco and Italian white and reds.

Service was attentive and good.

I would recommend a visit. This place is a welcome diversion from the usual Czech cuisine!