Old Prague Hostel
$830
$483
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastcommon roomold town squarefree earplugsbed dormthe free walking tourcommon areasshower geljust round the cornerstaff was very friendly and helpfulreception areathe main squareexcellent locationby footastronomical clockcharles bridgetowels
Reviewed September 19, 2011

we my bf and I stayed here for 2 nights, the first night they put us in a 4 bed dorm but with only us, and the second night we had a private room with 2 seperate beds. We didn't have the breakfast, but it looked decent. A sandwich, cereal, and coffee, tea and juice. The location was great, and so close to everything. It was a bit noisy the second night as our room was next to the kitchen, but it was quiet at 11pm. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Close to city center, and close to bus and train station.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I would have given this place three stars if not for the unacceptable noise levels. We were in a four bed dorm that was located off of the louge/kitchen. Everyone would congregate here and talk/drink until about 11pm. Then the staff would move them out to enforce the noise policy. However, the people would go downstairs to the building lobby and continue their drinking games and loud noise. I slept with wax earplugs and could still hear them. We had the window open because it was a little warm in the room, but with the open windows you will not be able to sleep. I had to close the window - of course one of the guys in the room objected b/c it was hot. I told him it's too loud I cannot sleep. I'll open the window when they quite down. Other than that. the staff was nice and helpful, the breakfast was good - cereal, juice, coffee, and a sandwich. The showers are clean, and plentiful. The location is excellent for exploring old town and beyond. The only reason I would not stay here again is because of the noise.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank travellingwrld2010
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed in this hostel with five friends so I'm not sure what it would have been like sharing with other people. However we found the hostel to be in a very great location. It looked a bit dingy but that grew on us.

Breakfast was pretty bad. It was basically a terrible sandwich with tea or coffee.

Free wifi but didn't work above the main floor. However there was free computer usage.

The beds were fine, though the top bunk boards felt a bit unstable.

Only cash was accepted, but there was an ATM nearby.

Overall, for the low cost, it was fine, but it wasn't anything special.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The price was fairly reasonable - not the cheapest you'll find but well worth the extra few pennies / pounds per night.

Good location - near the Palladium Shopping centre, good access to the Namesti Republicky metro. A few changes on public transport to get to the airport, but all in all quite simple to follow. Since all the key sights in Prague are within walking distance of each other this Hostel is well placed.

The staff were helpful - gave good recommendations for local restaurants and walking tours.

We had one complaint, which was that our 6 person dorm (204) acted as a corridor to another room (205) so we had other people coming in and out at all hours. This improved once we had more considerate neighbours in the next room, however, the reception staff also dealt very well with this. The hostel was too busy for them to move us, so they offered a partial refund, issued the free ear plugs, and gave us locker keys without asking us to pay the usual deposit. I felt this was quite acceptable in the circumstances.

Very Clean!! - There were cleaners working around the Hostel at all hours, which really proved itself with the bathrooms and kitchen. These were all spotless, probably the cleanest I've seen in any Hostel - particualrly any in London!!

They could do with a few more showers, as it could get a bit busy in the mornings, but in all fairness this wasn't a major issue. if you're in a real hurry just get up slightly earlier.

The room was clean, solid bunk beds. Very thin mattresses, but these were still very comfortable.

Also, the hostel was HOT. It was something like 20 to 30 degrees most days, and I think because it's in an old building the Hostel seemed to retain most of the heat. We had the windows open 24/7 during our stay, even when we weren't in the room - the road traffic wasn't too bad as it's not on a main road, although you could hear it a bit. Since the Hostel is directly opposite a police station it seemed quite unlikely anyone would break in!

Great Free Stuff - Breakfast was free. The breakfast sandwiches were great! Far better than they look, and sound. But otherwise breakfast was fairly plain cereal and coffee.
Free Ear Plugs - very handy.
Towels and Linen included in the room price.
Hairdryers available at reception free of charge.
Luggage storage after checkout free of charge.
Free WiFi

Shame there's no bar or anything, but there are plenty nearby - I recommend the Prague Beer Museum which is a pub serving over different 20 beers.

I'd definitely stay again, and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask if you have sole access to the room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My son stayed at the hostel as part of a short football tour. He very much enjoyed his stay but left behind his football kit. I telephoned the hostel and they were able to find the kit and post it back to me in England. I was very impressed with their help.

• Stayed: April 2011