“Excellent food, up selling was a bit Over The Top” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa Argentina

La Casa Argentina
Ranked #283 of 5,314 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: La Casa Argentina offers a unique dining experience in the city centre of Prague. If 5 different dining venues and 3 bars are not unique enough, we will enhance your sensual experience with live music, dance shows, artistic performances and even live magic. And this every night of the week. With 360 sets, La Casa Argentina in Prague is a leading establishment in Europe's culinary listing offering the best cuts of Argentinian meats and exclusive imports of Kobe Wagyu steaks. La Casa Argentina has a very interesting offer as well for fish, seafood and vegetarian guests by preparing traditional and modern dishes with the best products the world has to offer.
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent food, up selling was a bit Over The Top”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dined here on a recent trip to Prague. The menu was extensive and the quality of the food was excellent. The prawn starter was delicious. The steaks were cooked to perfection.

My only issue is the constant up selling. If you select a steak, the waitress will try and suggest another steak which is far more expensive. The same approach was taken when selecting a bottle of wine. We didn't go for the cheapest, we selected a mid range wine yet again we were told that a more expensive wine would be much nicer.

When I requested the bill, I was asked if I was paying by cash or card but their preference was cash. This was even before the bill was brought to the table. When I paid cash I was asked did I want change as the service charge wasn't included. I left the waitress keep the change but if she hadn't asked, brought back the change I would have probably paid an additional 5% but her loss for the needless pressure.

The food is excellent, the atmosphere is great but be aware of the up selling.

Visited July 2014
Martin B, General Manager at La Casa Argentina, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for the compliments on our food but of course do we also appreciate the time you took to write about our service. We have made a lot of changes and are pleased to fewer negative comments on the service but with such a large operations incidents are possible. On our iPad menus we also added a review section where you can leave a comment on any staff directly. I do not remember seeing anything there but hope readers keep that in mind. Always important for us to know who is related to such a gained experience. I apologise if it was taken as too much of an upwell and we will take further action to keep that at a minimum.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fantastic Steak, Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Enjoyed the authentic Argentinian Steak in a very nice but loud atmosphere. The service was a bit slow, but then again we came right from the bat wtih 30+ people.

1 Thank martuetz
:-) Yes with live shows and all the entertainment, we really are no fine dining place. Good you enjoyed it though with all your group of 30 people and for sure would have been some areas available in our more than 350 seat venue but reservations need to be respected. Thank you for choosing us for your group!
gloucester
“Excellent, not cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Awesome quality food - you must try the Omaha steaks!
We ate here twice and the portions are very generous and the quality really good. A bonus was the entertainment.- definitely gave an authentic Argentinian atmosphere. There are many places offering more traditional and cheaper options, but this place covered all bases with friendly and efficient staff, too.

1 Thank gpglos
Thank you for sharing your opinion on our establishment. Great you enjoyed our Omaha steaks from our Parrilla grill! And yes we are cutting down on getting the best options for our clients, beginning with food, going on with entertainment.
manchester
“Eating Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Excellent value for money, probably one of the best meals out we have ever had, staff excellent and attentive, food plentiful restaurant and facility superbly clean.

We booked on line and was happily surprised when we received a 20% discount when the bill arrived.

Very popular restaurant it is best to book to avoid disappointment.

Going back to Prague just to eat here !!!

1 Thank wardsaway
Yes we promote mostly our specials online through ResDiary. If people look for a special deal they just make a booking from our site and all options on getting a discount are listed there. Of course also good if it surprised you positively but I assume you came in for an early bird dinner or lunch;-) In any case, thank you for the great rating and review!
Megalopolis, Greece
“The best food I have ever tasted!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited Prague in November and found this restaurant at tripadvisor!! That was the best choice I have ever made! The food was delicious.. I tried chicken (unfortunately, I don't remember plate's name) and my boyfriend had the burger!! I am still dreaming of that food!! Yummy! The stuff was so kind and friendly and the enviroment so warm!! We ate there twice!! Come to Greece, guys!! We need chefs like you!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Thank you so much for such a perfect review and rating! No plans yet for Greece but who knows if this should not be considered in the future;-)

Been to La Casa Argentina? Share your experiences!