“Fantastic meat! Could go on forever...”
Review of La Casa Argentina

La Casa Argentina
Ranked #286 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: La Casa Argentina offers a unique dining experience in the city centre of Prague. If 5 different dining venues and 3 bars are not unique enough, we will enhance your sensual experience with live music, dance shows, artistic performances and even live magic. And this every night of the week. With 360 sets, La Casa Argentina in Prague is a leading establishment in Europe's culinary listing offering the best cuts of Argentinian meats and exclusive imports of Kobe Wagyu steaks. La Casa Argentina has a very interesting offer as well for fish, seafood and vegetarian guests by preparing traditional and modern dishes with the best products the world has to offer.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The title of the review says it all! The most suculent, tasty meat one could ever sample. No idea if the plates other than the meat are worth trying but the meat... Oohhhh the meat is absolutely delicious. Been there couple of times and I will return anytime I could. The wine list is well stocked and you should go for the South American ones to stay in par with the establishment. The desert list is matching perfectly the main menu so this restaurants is rocketing straight to the top of my favourites. They have an impressive list of cocktails and if you like to end your meal with a pousse-cafe go for a Matusalem rum. There is live salsa dancing and also live music. This leads to the reason for not giving 5 points to this fine establishment - it is always FULL - to the point that it looks like a food factory and the noise background is heavy. The budget goes in the upper medium but is well justified by the great quality. Service - fast, reliable and after few visits turning into friendly.

Martin B, General Manager at La Casa Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

A little speechless with all these compliments and even your comment why not 5 points given I am pleased to see you noticed. Yes we are full but the end of the year is a little extreme but still hope we do all possible to not resample a food factory. Looking forward to have you soon back! Thank you for your time to write about us!!!

There are newer reviews for La Casa Argentina

Reviewed December 19, 2013

After stumbling around Prague for a number of days we came across this place and decided to have a change from the soups and sausages that most places serve. We didn't realise at the time that they had a lunch menu which had some real good deals. The menu's were on ipads which can be a little frustrating for non tech savy people and I have to say as a computer tech I still like the old style menu's! However, if your adapting you menu often this is a good approach. We both had mushroom sup to start which I found really tasty. For the mains we opted for the steak (come on this is an Argentinian restaurant!!). I had a spicy side with mine and my partner had a normal steak. Both were medium and cooked to good standards. The meat was very good! We were both stuffed by the end of the second course. The final course was desert but after the meat we both couldn't tackle it. The surroundings were very interesting - not quite Igazu falls but a nice break from typical Prague. I would thoroughly recommend this place!

Thank you very much for the great review and good rating! We enjoy hearing that we are a little oasis in Prague offering some different atmosphere. Thanks!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I found this place on trip advisor and was very pleased with the meal and overall experience we had. The restaurants (I think 4 main rooms with a mixture of different decors and non smoking/smoking) were well decorated. We were at the top in the non-smoking part. The offd was fantastic and the entertainment was nice (singer/dancer/piano player).
I would like to make a suggestion to the management to get rid of the parrots. They were covered up (I think to try and jeep them quiet) so if you are going to do that, there is no point in having them and secondly it didnt work anyway as when some of the music was playing, the parrots were making a lot of noise.
After the meal we went downstairs to the main bar area to watch some of the entertainment which was great eventhough we missed some of it as we wanted a non smoking room.
If the smoke is not a big problem for you, get a table in the main seating area so you can see all the entertainment (salsa dancers, cuban band, acrobats, singers)
I am back in Prague next September and will be definately eating here again but will make sure I book in the main area

Martin B, General Manager at La Casa Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you very much for the great review and excellent rating! And we followed your recommendation and are actually getting back to our old birds. We wanted to check the option of having talking parrots instead of singing ones. Now that we got the parrots they simply won't shut up when people are here. They are actually being replaced as soon as our veterinarian is back from holiday. But thank for the advise and apologise again for this inconvenient noise coming up when the music played.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We'd booked a meal at this restaurant whilst on a weekend away in Prague as one of my husband's business associates recommended it. He lives in Prague and I understand visits quite regularly. When we arrived we were shown to a table in the bar area, ordered our drinks and were handed menus. We were shown to a table upstairs, which was a little disappointing as there seemed to be a really good atmosphere downstairs. However the setting was pleasant and the food good. After the meal the waitress was tidying our table and suggested we should go downstairs (for the entertainment?) - our husbands went first but there was nowhere to sit, we followed on a few minutes later and were just stood at the side of the bar. We were told (not asked) twice by two very rude members of staff to move as we 'could not stand there'. My husband asked politely where they would like us to sit - and was met with a shrug and a scowl. We eventually did get buffets at the bar (and spoke with the Manager about this stating that we had spent in the region of £150 and they seemed now to be totally disinterested in us). He didn't offer an explanation so really the evening was spoilt by the fact that once we'd paid our bill upstairs they didn't really want to know. We definitely didn't feel like valued customers!! We wouldn't recommend or return (just on that basis).

Martin B, General Manager at La Casa Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear valued customer. This is obviously unacceptable and fully understand your disappointment to be sent to an area where you cannot be even seated. The reaction of the duty manager and other staff points out to me that there might have been even more issues while you seem to have been almost ignored. I apologise for this incident and simply wonder why seemingly fully occupied area is suggested to be overpacked. I fully understand your disappointment and will for sure track what might have happened. Thank you for your time explaining in detail what issue you faced.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

we felt welcome from the moment we walked in the door, there was a great atmosphere with a live band. we couldnt get a seat on arrival but we went to the bar and had a drink. we expected to be forgotten but we were soon taken to a table. Our meal was lovely. king prawns for starter and steak for main. large selection of steaks. the meal came to 98 euros with several rounds of drink. very good value

Thank you very much for your kind words, great review and perfect rating! Pleased to hear that the service worked out for you even if we were full. So hope to see you soon again and never hesitate to ask for a Chef's special! We sometimes really have time to add something unique to our customers!