“A little quirky, but good steak for the price!”
Review of La Belle Epoque

La Belle Epoque
Ranked #1,523 of 5,665 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stumbled upon this place with a colleague on a business trip after trying to get into another(steak) restaurant which had been booked out for a Christmas party.

The (Mexican / Texan) décor was a litte strange for a French-named restaurant, but the service was friendly and we weren't rushed (although the place wasn't exactly packed).

Food-wise, the Caprese salad to start was perfectly serviceable, if not amazing. Similarly, our steaks were generously sized for the price and served with a hearty portion of potatoes with bacon and green beans. The wine list had local and foreign offerings across a range of prices.

All in all: probably somewhere to come with a business colleague / friend if you want a good feed and aren't concerned about fine dining for that special occasion.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have been to this place several times over the last few years, this is where we go when we want to eat some pretty good beef. We have always had a great experience here, last night the staff was extremely good but it was the owner working in the restaurant. Unfortunately staff in this town can have a poor attitude to service but we have been well treated her, the meat was perfectly done the way I ordered, drinks came within less than a minute. Almost seems they read the previous review, fired the staff.....

Reviewed May 22, 2013

i ordered a well done steak with grilled vegetables and green salad.Salad was not clean i asked the waiters to change it,they refused, they said not their fault Waiters are rude and insolent,no manager in the place.

3  Thank Karim F
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I do like this restaurant but I have the same problem each year I visit: the 15% tip that is added to the bill without leaving the customer the option to decided for himself whether a tip should be left. When I challenged the owner he stated: "the tip is the money I need to pay the staff."
I suggest that you should pay your salaries out of gross profit. For example, you buy a steak for 5 euros and you charge me 15 euors. Your 10 euros gross profit assists in paying all your business running costs.
If you had taken my complaint a little more graciously last Friday when I visited then I would have left a tip but your poor attitude at being taken to task about this left a poor impression.

I must say, however, that the new York Strip is very good, if a little expensive. On the Friday that I visited I asked for a side dish of creamed spinach. I had visited on the Thursday too and there was a generous side dish of spinach on that occasion, but, on the Friday, the spinach was a much smaller portion and hidden under the steak!! Why did you do that? To save money? I think your business could be much busier if you commit to the fact that the customer is king, instead of the owner!

Tips are added benefits, and you are unlikely to do well on tips if you keep adding 15% to customer bills without their permission. Leave them the choice of whether to pay the tip or not.

So, enjoy the food everyone but check your bill.

2  Thank discerningbexhillian
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I found this restaurant to be very good no complaints about the food as the steaks were very tasty and the service was good. It is price but the food was worth it.