“A local Chech hang-out”

Ranked #298 of 5,822 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Dear guests On October 4, 2016 for you again now we are opening our entire non-smoking restaurant in the new WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT TEAM BREDOVSKÝ DVŮR RESTAURANT WINTER GARDEN - A NEW DIMENSION TO OUR RESTAURANT From 09.12.2015 we expanded our restaurant a heated conservatory. From this day, even in winter you can sit in beautiful glass garden and enjoy the outdoor seating area to the hot area and enjoy pleasant moments in our restaurant. We look forward to your visit
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We seemed to be the only tourists on a weeknight. It was recommended to us by a young Chech woman we met, as having good inexpensive Chech food. That was true. We had a traditional pork and dumplings dish that was excellent, and a salad that was average, but good. Smoking is a problem in Europe on hot evenings when one wants to sit outside, but we were lucky not to have too many smokers near us. We found the young, kind of loud crowd of Chechs fun to be around.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,752)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

went there Tuesday night our first day in Prague, Inside and outside there were 60 to 70% other diners smoking. I tried the Goulash it was disgusting. the meat was tough, the bread pancakes were inedible, very hard and smelt of old oil! My wife had Veal schnitzel. l would not recommend this establishment in any way ! ihe portions bore no resemblance to the photos. The staff were rude and arrogant.

1  Thank Paddy-Frog
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in the Fusion hotel just up the road and ate here as a result of the ratings on tripadvisor!

Excellent food, excellent service and very cheap for the amount you are given. We each had a small starter and main course with a few drinks each and it came to roughly £10 a head!

It doesnt look like much from the outside and is more pubby than you would expect but the food is an excellent example of Czech food at its best.

Would eat here again if we go back to Prague!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went there on the recommendation of the hotel hostess. Liked the place and ambiance, looked at prices - pork dishes were a great bargain, roughly 300 Ck ($17) for a kilo (2.2 pounds) of meat. Other places serve between 150 and 300 grams per portion and charge you 1000 Ck for the kilo. The duck on the other hand was at the 1000 Ck for a dish, and we did not go for it. BTW when ordering duck in other places - please read carefully, some give 1/4 duck and some 1/2 duck but all charge roughly the same. They also charged us 38Ck for a 250 ml bottle of flat water, after about five failed attempts to request a glass of tap water. Just for comparison - 500 ml mug of beer costs 40 Ck in that place.

So we asked for a non-smoking section and they took us to part behind bar, and in front of the kitchen, apparently the adjacent bar area and the outside seating were for smokers. Beer was great, the second beer was great, the third beer was great, I do not remember if had any beers after that, but the beer was great.
The staff - yes the staff is a bit problematic, not so much rude or inattentive, but real basic English, and full focus on their task at hand and not at the guests. They may appear to be less than perfect, but come on, they really can't chat with you, because they don't understand when to smile. I'll take a Czech waiter in Prague, over a Mexican here any day - at least in Prague they try to speak English.
I highly recommend this place to anyone who is into good beer, and good meat. On the other hand – don’t go there. If you do I will have to pay more and likely stay in line. I repeat – do not even think of going there.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recommended to us by Juriz Mirzoev, our host at Pragapart, we dined here in early June. There is no specific non-smoking area but there are tables in front of the kitchen area which appear to be kept for those who do not smoke. THis worked well for us. There appeared several locals dining here. The menu had a wide variety of items, each having a weight in grams indicating portion size. I ordered the plate of a variety of Hungarian meats, dumplings and bread (400g) and I could not finish what I had been served. My wife & I ate well here and with drinks and gratuity, our bill was 550 czk. The serving staff was friendly and I definitely would come back here. A great location, only one block off Wenceslas Square. Highly recommended.