We are budget travelers, Palace Road Hotel (or formerly Castle Steps) offers reasonable rates in this relatively expensive city. Be aware that the lowest price offer refers to another building, and none of which was photographed in the web site. In fact some rooms do not even have a bathroom. We had the cheapest room in the hotel, the one on the top floor, a few steps below the eating area. The room is decently decorated and very quiet. For the price I paid, I am not complaining. I did wish that the bathroom was en suite, we had to bump into morning breakfast crowd to get to the bathroom. The hotel location is awesome, right below the Prague castle and minutes walk to the bus line. The staff was very helpful, even helped us to lift our luggage to the top most floor.
A few practical details:
1) Ask if your room comes with an en suite bathroom.
2) I recommend purchasing Prague daily pass because the bus / tram line does get expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Small Luxury Palace Hotel lies in the heart of this beautiful but vibrant city, and is the perfect venue to discover and enjoy the country's capital city, and what it has to offer. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of the historical center of Prague called Mala Strana.Each room at the Small Luxury Palace Hotel has its own individual style, en-suite facilities and WI-FI, some of them also a fully equipped kitchen area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Small Luxury Palace Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.