“Great bar to watch games”

The Irish Times Bar
Ranked #234 of 6,156 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Irish, International
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed July 15, 2018

This bar has a great atmosphere with friendly people and staff, and a live band playing classic 80's hits.
We went here to watch American Football & had a great time.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

A fancy place with a very nice food and a lovely atmosphere.
The staff were extremly nice.
I would relly recommend it if you are visiting prague.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to Prague for three days. We had to visit the Irish Times for 2 times because of its delicious food!
I had the Classic Irish Times Burger both times and it was literally awesome!!
My girlfriend had pasta and salad the second time. She was also very delighted and, additionally to its marvellous taste, the food is being served in a properly beautiful manner.
The personell is very kind, as well.
A definite recommendation for every Prague visitor!

1  Thank jansen182
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Prague is such a bustling place, very busy. So it's nice when you find a good place like this to relax and people watch.
The food is excellent with a varied menu. The staff and management went the extra mile to ensure we were looked after. As our hotel was away from the centre they ordered a taxi for us. We were unfortunate to experience cold rainy weather so they provided blankets to keep us warm when sitting outside.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We went as a group of 9.
The beer recomended tasted like water, also the the mojito only tadted water.
Arther we were done eating, the waitress came with the check, and she got realy angry with us, since we didnt say we wanted to split the bill.
We have been in Czech for 10 days, and this is the first time we have had a problem with splitting the bill.
One if us is from Czech and overheard the waitress speaking in Czech. What she said was realy mean.
NOT RECOMEMDED!

Date of visit: July 2018
Jana I, Manažer at The Irish Times Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Hi Tobias

I am very sorry you have bad experience from visiting our bar.
Splitting bill is always a problem , usually when very busy,
and customers doesnt have a problem with putting money to make the
amount complete.
Yet, I am very sorry u had to deal with this issue.

We sell apx 2000 litres of beer / tank beer/ per wekk and loads of mojitos with no
complaints about quality.Beer can not get in touch with water under no suircumstances, as
the tanks/500 l barells/ are filled in very special way straight from the truck delivering beer.

Again, I am very sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay in our bar...

Kind regards