Tripadvisor

Ranked #1,340 of 6,682 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

They literally kicked us off. Price was too high for the quality of the food. Moreover, they gave us 2 shots which seemed for free, while they were not. Do not go!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (10,759)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

U fleku is definitely touristy, so expect prices to be more expensive than other places in Prague. Though still cheap by our standards! €30 for two meals - goulash and a half chicken, and two black beers (I recommend!) and two shots. The most expensive place we went but we’ll worth it because of the medieval atmosphere. They brought 2 black beers immediately when we sat down and some shots a few minutes later. Then they let us order our food which was unreal. They had fast service and a man with an accordion came into the beer hall where you sit to sing and play. It was fantastic all around and well worth visiting on your first day in Prague to set the tone for the rest of the trip!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes BE WARNED....This place is supposedly the oldest bar/brewery/restaurant in Prague? I can’t verify that but what I can confirm is what many other reviewers state and that is it runs the oldest tourist trick in that it fictionalises the bill, gets you to take a ‘welcome’ drink ‘on the house’ aka known as an expensive shot when the waiter arrives with a tray of these, puts them under your nose before you sat down, says it’s on the house...or that’s certainly that’s our ‘naive’ interpretation then surprisingly doesn’t reappear!
My wife and I had a beer each which was fine although interestingly the two couples on the table next to us left having just paid 4,000 kronas around £150 warning us to be careful.
We spent around an hour finding this place so were exhausted when we got there.
When we left after around 40 minutes and asked for the bill, no bill arrived just ‘that’s 300’, bearing in mind the beers were 69 each so that’s 138! On questioning the amount, well you had two shots...I guess you know the rest...we didn’t have to accept the shots etc etc.
After much discussion which included the Manager they insisted that it was always our fault that we accepted the drink. However when I said that we walk away ‘ripped off’ they seemed to understand that they had been rumbled and gave us the ‘shot’ money back which somehow was 162 (81) each...unusual amount especially when it was more than the large beer!
I don’t like to write a bad review of place especially in such a beautiful city that Prague is but I feel that I have to warn you.....it was no surprise that when we got back to the hotel I looked at Tripadvisors reviews to find that many had fallen into the same trap.
If there was a zero star option this would get it.

I will be reporting on one delight that is the complete opposite namely U Glaubicu which is very close to the Charles Bridge...a great place with excellent prices and hard working staff with great attitude.

2  Thank GOLFF
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Well known over international channels, I can recommend their artisan beers.
Traditional cuisine is not so well cared for (cold sauerkraut with a warmed up sausage, goulash should be expected to join paprika...). But in fact, they are barely cheap: 25 Euros for a starter, a main course and 2 beers. That's fine, to be honest! Personell are kindly (some reviews talked about rude people). A nice leg, I suppose.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

It all depends on what you like and want to experience. It dates back to 1400's and only brew one beer. It only has tourists who are processed as quickly as possible because it is always packed out. Go during the period between lunch and dinner and you probably won't have to wait. As there is only one beer, you decide if you want a small or large and it is served immediately. A gentleman walks around with a large tray of beer replenishing anyone who asks. We dislike the "treadmill" effect of the whole process. A warning like other reviews, anything that they offer - alcohol shots, bread, etc is all extra and they do not make that or the prices clear. So we can say we've been but that's about it. Finally don't take the curt approach of the staff as "rude", they work hard to get through the number of people that visit.