“Good food”

Ranked #866 of 5,662 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We didn't get a reservation prior to going but didn't have a problems getting a seat. Awesome Czech food and drinks.... cappuccino is awesome!!! You must try it!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Simple and tasty menu. Fair prices. They have separate smoking and non-smoking terraces. Menu in four languages. Traditional and not so traditional Czech cuisine.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great food at a reasonable price but it is cooked to order--that may mean 45 minutes or more with only beverages!! Beer is good, drinks short. Make sure they hear your entire order. One of our table mates did not get what she ordered and the waiter tried to blame her 30 minutes later when we asked about it.

1  Thank Elizabeth Q
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant in the Old Town provides huge value for money, good food and superb atmosphere. It's best to book ahead if you are going between 7 and 9pm. The restaurant has no smoking and smoking rooms, and an outdoor area in the summer. If you are seeking a quieter table, ask to be through at the back. Prices are very reasonable, though VAT is added on the bill. Service very friendly. Try the beef with cranberry and cream sauce (if you don't like bread dumplings, ask for mashed potato instead!). The helpings are very generous, especially the special ice cream desserts.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Since past ten years my wife and I took our friends for a good dinner or lunch to this restaurant. We enjoyed it very much. Friendly staff, very good food, nice ambience. However, about a year ago someone got the idea to reconstruct and refurbish this place with catastrophic results. And I am not talking about the appearance only. My last experience consisted of lunch. True, we were not too hungry. The menu offered duck livers in jar with duck fat and grilled vegetable. Wow! Perfect lunch. As a special, the menu offered fresh orange juice - 1 pint - at one dollar. Who wouldn't buy it, right? The first put down came with the young waiter who probably was the first day on this job. Impatient and unable to recommend white wine, which would go with fish, my wife ordered. The fish came after 35 minutes, my cold appetizer ten minutes later. My wife was almost finished when I get my order. I opened the glass jar and the food had a bad smell. The vegetable wilted and almost rotten. On top of it they served a slice of at lest three day old wheat bread - not tested - that was crumbling. It took me about five minutes to get attention of the young waiter who said, he doesn't know what to do. Please call the manager, I asked. Ten minutes later came another young guy in checkered shirt out of his slacks with a single question: "What's going on here?" I pointed to the bread and said if they have a roll or something else and he, without waiting, took the plate with bread and hurried away. In another five minutes the young guy was back with the SAME slice of bread, but toasted. Still dry and crumbling. I ask to see the manager again to point out the bad quality of the duck dish. "He's busy now," was the answer. "In that case, please, bring me the bill." Another ten minutes. One look - they charged me for the slice of bread (they called it couvert!) two dollars, full price for the bad duck jar and four dollars for the juice, which was advertised for much lower price. My wife knows the look on my face in such a situation and quipped: "Let it go." I left the sum charged on the table, together with 15% tip for the boy and promised myself not to visit this place again. After all that explanation I feel suddenly better...

2  Thank Ota R