Hotel General
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$172
  • Pool
$135
$80
1,478 results
All reviewswelcome drinkold townwonderful hotelsmall hotelthe hotel staffminute walkpublic transporttram and metrotwo blocksthe entire stafffive star hotelcity centrethe main touristcharles bridgebreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotelquiet area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything excellent!! Service, Staff, Food, Rooms. We will definitely return to this Hotel when we stay in Prague again. We have been upgraded to a suite. We had only breakfest so we cannot comment on dining. But The staff and service during breakfest was outstanding. The employees at the front desk as well. Nothing was too much. Very personalized service.

3  Thank weuthafe
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear weuthafe,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and for sharing your impressions with the other travelers.

With warm regards from the General team

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We looked at different hotels in Prague on the net.
This would be the second time we visit Prague and we really were keen on finding a hotel with AC as we knew we would stay during very hot days. (28-30 degrees Celsius.)

We also looked at hotels that gave a good price value for what you would get.

The General Hotel got our attention.
At Trip advisor it already had good reviews and was in the top 5.
Being a 5 star hotel made us even more curious as we rarely choose such hotels,
Mostly because the price tend to be much higher.
And yes... the price might be a bit higher at this hotel, but comparing to other hotels in Prague... I'd say that they stand out well in the competition of the customers.

Coming to the hotel the porter takes our luggage and opens the door for us.
We are served wine and beer free of charge at the lobby, where we are informed of the most essential things we might need to know of the hotel and our stay in Prague.

The double deluxe room was really nice.
Clean and fresh with new cleaned towels every day.
The walls are a bit naked though. One painting of Ferdinand Von Zeppelin hangs above the bed in room 202.
So the overall feeling is that the room feels naked and cold in a way. Not as cozy as we would have preferred.

The small candy on the pillow the first night made us smile.
The air-condition saved our stay in Prague these days as we were completely soaked after long walk from the early morning to mid-day. The room is quiet and you won't hear the noise from the street or other guests.
In the morning you will hear classical music from the corridor.

Over all... the room was just great!
Only thing that could be nice would be if it would have a DVD player as well, since the TV-channels are mostly in languages we didn't understand. But bringing a DVD film to watch on the TV would have been something extra. We did bring our laptop and movie on DVD so we could watch it on the laptop.

Another thing that could have been good would have been if the laptop would fit into the safe we had in the room. It almost fit... but not quite.

But these things are small things that really didn't but down the overall experience of this hotel.
The staff is really nice and always smiles and shows the absolute best service that you would expect from a 5 star hotel.

As a smoker I would have liked if there was a small table and maybe two chairs at the balcony in the public area where you could sit down to smoke. Now I had to stand every time I went out. But... I think there are possibilities to book a room for smokers too if I am not completely wrong. My wife wouldn't like that though. :) So... a small table or at least a chair on that small balcony would have made it great.

I can highly recommend this hotel!

2  Thank Göran S

Dear Göran S,

On the behalf of the hotel team I would like to thank you for choosing hotel General and sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

We do appreciate the time that you have spend with us and writing this detailed and informative review on our hotel staff and services. Your comments are very important for us as a source of possible further improvement therefore let me assure you that your comments and recommendations were given to the person in response so that they could be considered for the possible implementation.

It also gives us a great delight to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you have truly enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.

With warm regards from Prague and the General team

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Hotel General in Prague, recommended by one of my colleagues was really good. The service and attention is exemplary and the room/amenities etc well above average.
I would definitely stay here again. We also booked the hotel pick up from the airport, and it was great
I have never experienced such customer service.
At one point I asked if we needed to book a table for the restaurant, and the guy said “oh no! You are our guest-when you are ready just come down”

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank I B

Dear I B,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your impressions with the other travelers.

With warm regards from Prague and hotel General team
RIngaile Radojevic

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The greeting at the hotel was probably the best I have had at any hotel world-wide (and that is many) with welcome drink, charming and helpful words of guidance, and fortunately an upgrade to a suite which was really exceptional. We didn't dine at the hotel as it has a smallish dining room inside and although the menu looked worthy of fine dining the evenings were so beautiful we wanted to dine outside. However breakfast was excellent and the staff most attentive without being over the top. The staff were helpfulness personified for onward bookings, advice about Prague travel, luggage help etc etc.

3  Thank FulstowBob

Dear FulstowBob,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with other travelers.
We do appreciate the time that you have spend with us and feel delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.
We thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back at the General any time soon.

Ringaile Radojevic and hotel team

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Our arrival at this hotel exceeded almost any other, and I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. The reception staff (Dasha) and the porter took care of us as if we were long-awaited VIPs.

However, there were a couple of things that prevented our stay from being perfect: the breakfast room was uncomfortably warm (along with the 'cold' milk); the turndown service didn't seem to exist despite being advertised as included; the shower screen seal in the bathroom needed replacing (more for the cleaner's convenience than the guests, although we did go through a lot of towels to mop up...)

However, I would certainly return and, despite the location being slightly out of the way, the walk or short taxi ride is not a problem.

• Stayed: July 2013
RingaileR, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear MassiveGlove,

On the behalf of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Your review is very important to us as a source of the further possible improvement therefore each of your mentioned points is taken into serious consideration.
I would like to assure you that all our mentioned points concerning the warmness in the breakfast room, turn-down service and shower screen seal were passed to the person in response and all necessary actions are to be taken immediately.

I would like to thank you for your stay and review once more and invite you to visit us again in the nearest future.

Director of Sales & Marketing