“Thurs-Mon stay.”
Review of Assenzio

Assenzio
Ranked #287 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend, Thurs-Mon. Overall this hotel is ideal for a short stay in Prague, it is well located for the popular areas and just a short walk from Wenceslas Square. The rooms are basic but clean, the breakfasts are excellent with a wide range of hot or cold meats, pastries, cereals and a range of breakfast cakes. The staff are polite and helpful, my only warning for people going is make sure you don't get room 14, we did and had traffic noises 24/7 leaving us with virtually no sleep during our stay, no other room was available as the hotel was full. As long as you don't get room 14 this hotel is excellent value for money and well worth considering for your stay in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had been told by quite a few people, before I ever even booked a ticket to Prague, that I would LOVE it -- well, I DID!! So much so that I am definitely considering a move there !!! To review the hotel Assenzio -- I'd have to say it was an overall GREAT experience in the hotel -- with a few exceptions ---

The shower in my room was VERY SMALL -- in fact, the water was heated in a cylinder, that also contained the controls for hot & cold water, and was in a place that was WAY too easy to back into and get burned -- that happened to me twice, before I found a way to keep it from happening.

The A/C in my room was virtually NONEXISTENT --- I asked about it at the front desk, and they said they'd have someone look into it for me -- it never improved, and I could not be located to another room, as the hotel was FULL --- So, I went to sleep sweating every night -- or with a slight risk involved, in keeping my outside door open, for fresher, cooler air.

With those two NEGATIVE things being said -- I had an AWESOME time in Prague -- so onto the GREAT review!!!

The hotel front desk staff were ALWAYS very friendly and HELPFUL --
The waitstaff in the hotel restaurant for breakfast, were ALWAYS cheerful, helpful and accommodating in every way. Everything, with the exception of the coffee, was truly delicious -- the coffee on the other hand, was DEPLORABLE - ha -- I said to the waitstaff a couple of days, if your bosses ever ask you for guests comments -- tell them to get great coffee into the restaurant. The coffee was always HOT, but was bitter, thick and seemingly overdone with heat -----

I strongly recommend staying at this hotel however, as it's a very easy walk to a tram line; or a very nice walk to the City Centre and all areas close by. I would definitely stay in this hotel again -- but NOT in room 114 ......

Room Tip: The bed and bed linens were AWESOME -- but with the POOR air conditioning in the room, it made for s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff920
Reviewed May 10, 2014

3 nights away. The rooms are not presented the same way as in the photos, you do not get wine, dressing gowns or flowers. A good walk from wenceslas square but we felt safe. Our first room was very small and only had a shower and looked out over the bin store. So we asked to be moved into a room with a bath. The staff were accomodating, the air con was not very effective so we had to open the windows for some air, as we were over the front entrance the sound of traffic and people was loud. The beds were comfortable and room was clean but basic and not presented as a 4 star hotel. The breakfast was good with a nice selection of hot and cold food. The bar and foyer smelled strongly of stale cigarettes which was not pleasant for non smokers and the furniture in the lobby though regal looking was grimy and ripped. As an average 3 star hotel it would have been great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Clean, comfortable hotel with extremely helpful staff and a great breakfast. Evgeniya was particularly helpful, and constantly assisted us with restaurant recommendations and tips for using the tram and metro. The hotel is close to restaurants and public transportation. We had a junior suite that was clean and spacious but rather plain and in need of some touch-up paint. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Room was small, pretty basic. It wasn't very clean when we came. Did I mention sofa bed? Bathroom was fine. The metro station is about 10 minutes away (walk). So the hotel is not that close to the old town as you may think at first. Iron might be taken from the reception, but it was available only sometimes. Breakfast - really disappointing. No vegetables in a 4 star hotel?! No fresh bread... At 10.30 breakfast finishes, waiters take away what is left even though there are people sitting, so it is impossible to eat a desert after 10.30. Lobby looks nice as well as the building from the outside, but that's not enough to gather 4 stars. If you value good price more than high quality this hotel might be a good choice. This is a typical 3 stars hotel, nothing more than this.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crafty_Fox1
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in December with our two adult children.
The hotel was a 20min walk from the old town square. Not so close but the general area felt safe enough to be walking around late at night.
Giulio was very professional and helpful in providing us with great hints for place to go to in and around Prague.
The rooms were basic especially the sofa bed which sunk and squeaked loudly at a slight movement. The sofa bed desperately needs replacing. Rooms were very spacious.
Breakfast was good, limited mainly to cakes and sweets.
My only criticism was of the night staff who seemed more intent in socialising with each other than providing service to customers especially when we went down and asked for lollies for my daughter who was suffering from food poisoning [not from the hotel] and was vomiting most of the night and fainted I needed sugar for her and the lady at reception told me they had no lollies when I could see the boxes under the counter. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel did what it said on the tin. Rooms were small and pretty basic but for what you pay it was fine for a few days. Was quite a long walk from the old town but only about 15 mins from Wenceslas square although I did prefer the old town. We arranged transfers with the hotel to/from the airport and these ran smoothly costing about £25 each way - wasn't very long journey but taxis seem to be the only expensive thing in Prague! Breakfast was fine a few hot options and a selection of pastries and cereals which set you up for a day of walking.

• Stayed: March 2014