“Good Hotel”
Review of Assenzio

Assenzio
Ranked #287 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 30, 2012

A good hotel, intimate, discreet. Modern, tasteful, equipped with bar, wi-fi. Bath and her modern, but needs some work intretinerela detail. Breakfast was good quality, served by waiters and the job available. I had problems with parking, though it was reserved, we could not enjoy it, the only consolation was the hostess apologized. A little distance from the subway, and from the closest parking, which in turn I was very expensive, as well as toateparcarile in Prague. Hard to find night, not properly signaled for a 4-star hotel. In conclusion I can say that the stay was pleasant, but the hotel maybe more. The price / service (offer price was) was good, so I had, generally speaking, a pleasant stay. If there were little surprises, everything was just great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank veneziano23

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We booked this hotel because of good price/quality relation. Location is convenient - only 300 meters from I.P.Pavlova metro station. Hotel building is a beautiful itself. We asked for a highest possible floor, as i knew there rooms often have roof window, and we got one. Room itself may feel a little bit dark - and some style improvement may be done, for example, on my opinion sofas are totally meaningless in the room - they can change them for a pair of arm-chairs with table. Bathroom was clean, very important issue for me. King size bed was not soft - just i wanted it to be to have a quality sleep time. Morning breakfast: basic, tasty. Only issue was they tended to lose a control over a situation when morning rush hour began at the breakfast room - lot of dishes empty, but situation improved after 10 of 15 minutes. One thing which might be better - they could invest into tv-system: more channels and newer tv-sets.

Room Tip: If you wanna get a roof window, choose top floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank M M
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stood at this hotel for four nights and it was ok. The room was clean and quiet. We did have a problem with the air conditioning that wouldn't stop and it got quite cold in the room as it wasn't that hot outside either, but in the end we managed to turn it off. Breakfast was delicious and the room where it was served looked quite nice. I didn't like the fact that breakfast was being served only from half past seven, it would have been better if it got open earlier. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a lovely hotel and I would recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula94
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was a very nice hotel with a helpfull personnel. Ok breakfast, close to the subway and only ten minutes walk from the centre of town. We had a really nice time and would choose the same hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I was very-very much disappointed with the room, even shocked. I traveled solo, so booked single standard room. There was a mini-hall in the room, about 0,5 X 0,5 m, two doors - one to the bedroom, the other to the bathroom. The bedroom looked like a half of a standard room - narrow and long (`2 x 4 m), there were dark marks down on the wall. The door to the bathroom didn't open to the end-uneven floor . The room was very close to the stairs, and there were very much noise when someone was getting up or down the stairs. I couldn't sleep if the door of the bedroom wasn't close. When asked at the reception another room, the girl told me that this was the type of the room they have for those, who booked single (very unusual for 4 stars). So, the first two nights I was a little bit depressed, then got used to it somehow...Actually didn't spend much time in the room.
But, despite of all, the stuff is very nice and helpful, the room (even so small :)) ) was cleaned every day. There is a good choice of pastry in the breakfast. The hotel is close to the subway station, as well as to Vyshegrad- there's a great view tin the evening from the place, which is about one block from the hotel (in the direction opposite to subway).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Maya_New
Reviewed December 18, 2010

This hotel is located a little way South of the new and old centres of Prague, it's a taxi journey or a bit of a walk into the city but it's pretty direct from here, take care crossing the roads though!

The hotel is officially 4 star I believe and it most areas lives up to this standard, though I think the rules for what makes a 4 star hotel varies depending on the country...for instance no corby trouser press in site.

The room has a distinct lack of information in it, no folder explaining the hotel facilities or anything about the local area. All I found was a laminated bit of paper for ticking off use of the mini bar...which is odd...as it's laminated.

The rooms heating was up to the job even in the -15c temperatures I experienced out there. I had breakfast in the hotel which was acceptable, I didn't have dinner or use the bar facilities though so can't comment on those.

They lost marks on service when it turned out that the person who had booked my room had booked me for 2 nights when I needed 3, this was obviously not there fault but I could have done without the woman behind the desk having a go at me for not checking out when I came down confused that my card would no longer let me in, at least they didn't throw my stuff out I guess!

There is only 1 Enlglish channel on the TV and it's CNN so not much point there. My wardrobe looked like someone had hit it with the end of a baseball bat but I won't hold that against them!

The free wired broadband worked very well in my room though I had a look about to find the port due to the lack of documentation. The wireless access in the reception area did not work at all.

Overall I would compare this hotel to a Premier Travel Inn, it's nothing fantastic but offers clean, comfortable accomodation with suitable facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TheCorm
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Assenzio is a great, quiet, comfortable hotel with easy access to the city by metro or tram in 5 minutes. Very clean comfortable rooms which are cleaned with new towels daily.
The staff are really friendly and helpful.
The internet conection was first class and the breakfast was amazing with a choice of hot or cold options, good coffee and eat what you like.
I have been to prague 5 times and if I return next year, I will definatly try and book the Assenzio.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends