“Nice hotel and good service”
Review of Assenzio

Assenzio
Ranked #289 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was a very nice hotel with a helpfull personnel. Ok breakfast, close to the subway and only ten minutes walk from the centre of town. We had a really nice time and would choose the same hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I was very-very much disappointed with the room, even shocked. I traveled solo, so booked single standard room. There was a mini-hall in the room, about 0,5 X 0,5 m, two doors - one to the bedroom, the other to the bathroom. The bedroom looked like a half of a standard room - narrow and long (`2 x 4 m), there were dark marks down on the wall. The door to the bathroom didn't open to the end-uneven floor . The room was very close to the stairs, and there were very much noise when someone was getting up or down the stairs. I couldn't sleep if the door of the bedroom wasn't close. When asked at the reception another room, the girl told me that this was the type of the room they have for those, who booked single (very unusual for 4 stars). So, the first two nights I was a little bit depressed, then got used to it somehow...Actually didn't spend much time in the room.
But, despite of all, the stuff is very nice and helpful, the room (even so small :)) ) was cleaned every day. There is a good choice of pastry in the breakfast. The hotel is close to the subway station, as well as to Vyshegrad- there's a great view tin the evening from the place, which is about one block from the hotel (in the direction opposite to subway).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Maya_New
Reviewed December 18, 2010

This hotel is located a little way South of the new and old centres of Prague, it's a taxi journey or a bit of a walk into the city but it's pretty direct from here, take care crossing the roads though!

The hotel is officially 4 star I believe and it most areas lives up to this standard, though I think the rules for what makes a 4 star hotel varies depending on the country...for instance no corby trouser press in site.

The room has a distinct lack of information in it, no folder explaining the hotel facilities or anything about the local area. All I found was a laminated bit of paper for ticking off use of the mini bar...which is odd...as it's laminated.

The rooms heating was up to the job even in the -15c temperatures I experienced out there. I had breakfast in the hotel which was acceptable, I didn't have dinner or use the bar facilities though so can't comment on those.

They lost marks on service when it turned out that the person who had booked my room had booked me for 2 nights when I needed 3, this was obviously not there fault but I could have done without the woman behind the desk having a go at me for not checking out when I came down confused that my card would no longer let me in, at least they didn't throw my stuff out I guess!

There is only 1 Enlglish channel on the TV and it's CNN so not much point there. My wardrobe looked like someone had hit it with the end of a baseball bat but I won't hold that against them!

The free wired broadband worked very well in my room though I had a look about to find the port due to the lack of documentation. The wireless access in the reception area did not work at all.

Overall I would compare this hotel to a Premier Travel Inn, it's nothing fantastic but offers clean, comfortable accomodation with suitable facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TheCorm
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Assenzio is a great, quiet, comfortable hotel with easy access to the city by metro or tram in 5 minutes. Very clean comfortable rooms which are cleaned with new towels daily.
The staff are really friendly and helpful.
The internet conection was first class and the breakfast was amazing with a choice of hot or cold options, good coffee and eat what you like.
I have been to prague 5 times and if I return next year, I will definatly try and book the Assenzio.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank swampmonster
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed for four nights over the weekend. Was a good rate compared to busier city hotels but still handy for all attractions - 500m walk to tram 22 which took you right up to the castle or to the underground or only a 20 minute walk to the Old Town. There wasn't much else near the hotel itself. Hotel was clean and room was a good size. Got a large double bed even though I booked a single room. Slight odd mirrors in the bathroom and no bedside table but these are only minor things. Reception staff were friendly (esp after I mucked up the safe code!), as was breakfast service. Selection at breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2009

With its modern interior, friendly staff, comfortable room and great location, the Hotel Assenzio is highly recommended. Only a small problem with the air conditioning troubled our stay.

Search the net and you will find you get great value for money for this hotel. Very handy for the central area of prague with great access to the metro and trams.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2009

If you are going to Prague and you don't care about walking a few blocks to get to the main landmarks, this is the hotel for you. It is perfect. They really care about customers and they go the extra mile for you.
Breakfast was amazing and people serving breakfast were very helpful, they even prepared for us the things we liked. When we had to leave, as we were leaving earlier, they specially prepared breakfast for us.
Rooms are very good and comfortable. It has LAN internet, which makes connection easy and very fast.
Rooms and the entire hotel were immaculate clean.

• Stayed: May 2009