Review Highlights
The clock is pretty cool.

Reviewed June 24, 2017
Keia P
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
via mobile
Great looking church

Came across his church as we were trying to find the television mast around the corner. Beautiful... read more

Reviewed November 26, 2018
RichmondMartin
Tomintoul, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Prague
from $18.40
from $26.45
from $12.07
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

As you exit the metro stop Jiriho Z Podebrad this wonderful church looks big and bold across the park and I must say it's one seriously impressive structure.
The architecture to me looks brutalist,communist style architecture and when I first viewed it many years ago as a young man I was never that keen on it but on many subsequent holidays to Prague and the Zizkov district in particular this church and it's wonderful iconic clock have grown on me ,along with the TV Tower and the statue high up on the hill it's one of the most recognisable buildings in Zizkov.
It's nice to sit in the park with a couple of sandwiches and a cold beer and chill out and take in the wonderful views afforded from the park of the church.
Well worth checking out.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank 293neilk
Reviewed June 26, 2017

We didn't go in, we just admired it from all angles from the square.

What an incredible building and what an enormous clock. I've seen quite a lot of churches and I have never seen something quite like that.

The square itself is pretty and there was a great market taking place when we were there (on a Friday).

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank AlexSwallow
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

The church is nice. The clock is the coolest part. I didn't go inside or anything. It's surrounded by a nice park. That's where I hung out for a couple of hours. There is a farmers market there if you go on the right day.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I have never saw this building so special, as some people did. Some people even claim that it looks like a ship, but I would say it could look (if you really want) as Noah's Ark...

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a modern looking church, so don't compare it to all the old churches in the old town area.
Honestly, this isn't in my original list to-visit... I coupled it with the visit to the TV tower.

When I arrived, the church is closed... well, I didn't know it was closed and happened to find a back door opened and went in to check out the church. (There was a group of people seemingly doing a church tour?)
The interior of the church is very modern.
The "attraction" is probably the nice looking big clock and also the ground around the church... many benches for people to sit and rest to watch the world goes by... many cafes, takeaways nearby quite handy if one decides to take a lunch bites by the park. A metro station is just beside the church.

Verdict: not a must to visit; ok if you want to escape from all the other tourists. Nice park/ground to just sit and watch what the locals do (young and old).

Date of experience: March 2017