Review Highlights
An incredible cocktail bar

The absolute best bar we visited in Prague. Small, intimate with friendly knowledgeable staff and... read more

Reviewed December 5, 2021
edkC4907GF
Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Gem for craft cocktails!

This place is a gem for craft cocktails. The interior is warm and intimate; with moody lighting... read more

Reviewed November 26, 2021
KristinaB1652

Recommended experiences in and around Prague
from $58.05
from $64.95
from $133.39
from $19.07
2,464 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2019

Creative and inventive cocktails. I recommend making a reservation because if you just show up, you may not be able to get in and will have to wait. Tried the Winter is Coming and it was great, however, the best cocktail we had was the Blackberry and Vanilla Caipiroska. We asked to swap out the vodka for champagne and it was AMAZING. Still thinking about it today!

Date of experience: March 2019
3  Thank jax22085
Reviewed June 27, 2019

If you're just looking for a quick drink on a night out, I'd suggest to look somewhere else. Hemingway Bar is less about just having drinks and is more about the experience as a whole. The bar has a list of rules which must be respected, and each table is waited on by an experienced waiter, most of whom seem to everything there is to know about cocktails. It is a very unique bar I wouldn't say it's anything amazing. Definitely depends on your style and what you're into. Drinks are a little bit pricey but you're paying also for the experience of the bar.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank jaidaiswalking
Reviewed June 24, 2019

We loved this place, especially the innovative drinks and amazing service. I am not one to wait outside for anything - especially a bar (I'm too old for that stuff). But I made an exception for this place, mostly because we had walked a bit to get there and I didn't feel like searching anything else out. We didn't wait that long and ended up at a very nice table. We drank and talked all night - just the two of us - and it was amazing. Kudos to excellent waitstaff who were amazingly patient with all of our questions about Absinthe.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank Procurare
Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

Maybe it's because I had high expectations from this place after reading so many great reviews, but I honestly thought it was rather drab. The first bartender that came to our table wasn't that knowledgeable about absinthe and had to send a "specialist" to help us. When he arrived we then explained what we were looking for in our first experience with the liquor and he recommended one brand. When it was served it didn't even have all the characteristics we were looking for in the drink. We wanted a strong licorice flavor and very sweet. It was rather mild in flavor and not sweet at all. So, we had to order another brand hoping we would get the boldness and sweet we were looking for. This one had a stronger licorice flavor, but not sweet at all. So, I had to question why we weren't getting the special absinthe spoon with a cube a sugar like it's generally served. After all, we wanted sweet. He replied that he wanted us to try it straight then he would bring sugar later so we could experience it both ways. Well, hello, why didn't he explain that from the beginning??? We all ordered plenty of drinks. So, it wasn't like we were being cheap all four of us sharing one drink! We spent close to USD$200 in drinks alone, but it just didn't seen our bartenders paid much attention to our requests. Honestly, I felt this place was more about the hype than being one of the Top 25 bars in the world. I wouldn't go back. Other than that, the space is rather tight and there are a list of rules everyone must adhere to. It's not like the place was jam packed with celebrities. I don't even remember seeing one! LOL. So, I didn't quite understand all the privacy concerns. You weren't even supposed to make eye contact with other guests. Most of the people I seen were couples out on dates making out and tourists trying to check off another place from their bucket list. In my opinion, it was a rather costly adventure for subpar service. But hey, I get to check off Hemingway Bar from my bucket list! LOL

Date of experience: April 2019
3  Thank FriskyFrisco
Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

We had high expectations considering you need a reservation or have to wait in line to get a table. It is innovative and the drink selection is unique. The atmosphere is cozy but very hot which takes away from the experience when you want to enjoy the drinks for a while. We ordered four different drinks and some where better than other. I appreciate the uniqueness of the bar and would definitely recommend it.

Date of experience: June 2019