“Avoid - raději se mu vyhněte”
Review of Cerny Kohout

Cerny Kohout
Ranked #3,304 of 6,452 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Hlubocepy
Reviewed November 18, 2017

Terrible service, high prices, dirty.
I am leaving very close, but will not ever visit this so called "restaurant". When I visited, seeing the menu and the environment, I did not eat anything and just left, what a wise choice!

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed July 12, 2016

Stop in for lunch after hiking in the Prokopské and Dalejské Valley (Prokopské údolí a Dalejské údolí). We ordered authentic Czech food and were not disappointed. Along with inexpensive cold beer our lunch was a cheap eats.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016

I visited this place twice for lunch, in both cases the staff was awful and meals not much better. We have chosen spare ribs on their website but we were told thay they did not have it. So we ordered steak which was not very good. The place looks nice (equipment, garden, toilet) but as long as they will not change their cooks and waiters i will never come back.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 2, 2016

The only thing which gives this place the 1 star is the setting - Beautiful building with an amazing surrounding area. Apart from that, the main meals are quite pricey for what you get, and you can definitely get cheaper and MUCH better in the centre of Prague. The Caesar Salad I had barely had 8 sticks of chicken with a few lettuce leaves and a barely visible dressing. It wasn't disgusting at all, but for 175Kč I expected a lot more and not something which resembles a child's starter. It was the same for the other 3 adults I ate with - small main courses with not much to fill you up.
Worst of all was the service - I did not think it was possible for waiters and waitresses to be so incompetent and rude in this day and age. Not only that, but we managed to have 4 different staff attending to our needs within the hour we were there, causing much confusion, with 1 of them managing to lose the notes of what was ordered and for the manager to then accuse us of losing these notes so that we wouldn't have to pay for our food. Once the manager had eventually found those notes and printed the bill, she came to us and slammed it on our table saying "we have solved your problem" - clearly your problem my dear, not ours!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Zuzino
Reviewed September 13, 2015

It is situated at the end of the city near a forested hill.View is magnificent from the summer terrace Beautiful wood decoration inside ( lots of weddings during weekends,always book ahead!).A great variety of beers and wines by the glass or by the bottle. Limited selection of foods but they are all tasty and plentiful. Sometimes they offer an excellent Mix Grill which is not in the menu, ask for it! Affordable prices, quality food.

Date of visit: July 2015