“Linda T”

Field Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 6,576 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Dress code: smart casual.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

An absolutely amazing experience, fabulous food, presentation amazing, really enjoyed the experience

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I are foodies and seek out Michelin star restaurants with tasting menus. Field is in that category and did not disappoint. If this is your cup of tea, I recommend this restaurant.

The tasting menu was rich and delicious and had a desired Czech feel. A superb meal!

The service was also great.

The tasting menu option is such a great way to go as one is able to try so many dishes.

No complaints. No concerns. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would definitely return to this restaurant and recommend it to people traveling to Prague. We were visiting Prague for 3 days and we went as two couples. We ordered a la carte and just split each course between the 4 of us so we could try more things. One of our diners was lactose intolerant and the restaurant tried to accommodate that by telling us which items had dairy. However, they did not have many alternatives that were lactose free.

I’ve been to many Michelin Star restaurants in New York City but this one took me by surprise. It’s not overrated at all and the price is incredible reasonable for a Michelin Star restaurant. They push the boundaries for new flavor profiles and preparations. There was one drink distilled from truffles that stood out as particularly interesting with a very tangy and earthy flavor.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the tasting menu and perhaps that skewed our experience? I didn’t love everything and even though most dishes were 2-3 bites, I didn’t always clear my plate. They did tell us the menu had just changed, so perhaps we got the short end of that turn. We had other upscale meals in Prague that I felt were much better and had an amazing ambiance and provided an experience, not just a meal. I felt that Field felt short of an “experience” and was just another tasting menu. Nothing overly special, which was unfortunate for the price. I’m glad we tried it, but was left underwhelmed by the food, the ambiance, the service, etc. Nothing was bad per se, but nothing was breathtaking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had amazing food and even better service at our dinner at Field. The courses were very well beautifully presented as well.

Date of visit: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant