“Beautiful cafe and restaurant”
Review of Francouzska

Francouzska
Ranked #408 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Czech
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The place is divided in to a cafe and a restaurant. We went in the cafe, it's very pretty. I took my grandmother.
The smaller not as elegant balcony upstairs, but still nice is for non smoking.
We ate beef and noodle broth (2.5 euros) with lovely basket of bread. Fizzy water 7 euros for 77cl I thought to be very expensive! Then coffee which was ok and massive pieces of chocolate mousse cake and raspberry cheesecake (4 euros a piece you pay the cake man separately)
A great place to take an elderly person because if the elegance.

1  Thank Gemmador
There are newer reviews for Francouzska

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The restaurant is not only heaven for gourmets, also people with a taste for Art Nouveau will be most pleased. The restaurant's high ceiling along with walls are richly embroidered in stucco decorations. Massive crystal chandeliers with pendants, lined up in two rows, are the dominant feature of the ceiling. The majority of the restaurant’s furnishing falls into early 1920’s just as wall paneling, partitions of booths with leather seat covers, radiator covers and cupboards.
Francouzska restaurant boasts to be a prestigious venue of high quality cuisine and service. We only can confirm this claim. The prices in the restaurant were on a much higher level then prices we paid in other places. But the visit and the food are worth the relative high prices.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It seems high-end and unapproachable, but they were happy to let us have our afternoon drinks inside his beautiful palace-like interior. Our coats were checked, and I did feel underdressed as a tourist, but the kir royale and Irish coffee after a longdaynof walking was scrumptious. I would love to return for dinner, and I heard the desserts and cakes are amazing.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

First of all, this restaurant has the most beautiful art nouveau interior you can imagine; grand with lofty ceilings and high quality furnishings. The service is attentive and efficient and the food delicious. I had the most delicious scallops followed by sea bass, perfectly prepared and presented. This is a really beautiful restaurant. I most definitely would recommend it as a special dining experience in Prague

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lunch in this restaurant before the flight to Tenerife. We came here without reservation but it was not problem. The restaurant is very expensive but you pay for atmosphere in the history building for good behaviour of waiters and for tasty meals. I recommend to visit.