“Surprise”

Ranked #67 of 5,534 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Cicala Trattoria - Back in 1997 a unique opportunity started to present itself in the centre of Prague - an opportunity to taste the real Italian cuisine flourishing under the baton of the culinary maestro Aldo Cicala. Today it has already been fifteen years since the restaurant opened for the first time and over these years it has won renown for its cosy family atmosphere, received numerous prestigious awards and welcomed many famous personalities. The restaurant owes its success first and foremost to its rich homemade Italian cuisine served with great attention to detail under the supervision of the talented chef David Cicala and to its emphasis on the quality of traditional ingredients. The restaurant also earned its high reputation thanks to the always friendly and accommodating staff who are also members of the Cicala family and create a genuine family atmosphere.
Hollola, Finland
“Surprise”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I did not find this restaurant in TA before our trip. However, the rainy weather forced us to find a restaurant near our hotel. So we decided to go to Cicala even if the word in our language means piggery or pig house. I learned that in english it is cicada, a small insect.

We were 6 people and we all loved the place. And of course the food. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very warm, homelike. I believe the ladies were relatives for the italian owner.

For some 50 euros two persons ate and drank enough. The house red wine is excellent!!

Next time we will absolutely visit Cicala again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New York City
“Excellent food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

To get to the main restaurant you have to walk through what is in essence a cafe. Downstairs is this lovely atmospheric place. Being a single traveler I asked if it was possible to order a half portion of the pasta no problem, I was even offered a half portion of my main dish which was Veal with lemon sauce. Everything was cooked to perfection. It is a family run place, one of the sons is the chef, the other son who speaks very good English is the waiter, the father runs the place. This is probably one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to anywhere.
The prices were also gentle.

My only little complaint was the paper napkin. It was explained to me that diners without reservation got a paper napkin and everybody else a linen napkin. Go figure.

Moscow
“great food and nice home atmosphere”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was in this restaurant with my colleague on September 2, 2013. You can easily pass this place, as there are no big advertisings, the entrance is pretty small. BUT, if you come inside and go to the ground floor, you will never want to leave. Food is cooked with care and attention, the family who keeps this place are very nice people, friendly and ready to tell you more on the menu! Never say no to yourself trying their food, even if you feel you are full after tagliatelli with seafood, glass of home wine and some salad. Still try their deserts, as they are really worth trying!
If i happen to be in Prague again, first place i will go for lunch or dinner will be Trattoria Cicala!
Natalia, Moscow

Lausanne, Switzerland
“One word; Excellent”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for a random restaurant near our place, we choose this magic place. The food is awesome, it taste really good, and the ambiance is "italian" style.
We both had meat, ham, cofee and Tiramisu. Perfect.
No pizza.

Victoria, Canada
“BEST Italian Restaurant EVER”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Without a doubt this is the BEST Italian Restaurant I've ever eaten at in my 63 years on this earth. Just too bad when I did find this great place, that I could only eat there 2 times. Even better than I've had in Italy!!!

• Visited August 2012