“Absolute favourite!”

Ranked #60 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Sushi, European, Japanese, Korean, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed June 2, 2013

There are really like a lot of sushi places in Prague, lately even all "Chinese-kind-of-a-restaurant" offering in their menu variety of sushi.
I am a sushi lover, I pick the places where to eat sushi very carefully, like if it was an an affair of honour or a matter of life and death.

That's why it was such a relief to find Yami Restaurant for me. After long years of looking, I finally found my gem in this landlocked country!

We were absolutely delighted by everything: starting from the service and finishing with our wonderful Chardonnay wine.
We ordered plenty of different kind of sushi which came in a beautiful wooden boat. Everything tasted amazing and California Dream Rolls lives up to it's name for 100%!

Wonderful experience in the centre of Prague and nice environment, can't say it is very atmospheric though, but food is unbelievably good.
Of course, be ready to pay around 1500-1700 for two(which is expensive for Prague's regular restaurants), but believe me each penny worth it to be paid!

Can't wait to get back here soon!

1  Thank Vicky R
There are newer reviews for Yami Sushi House

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food was very fresh and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. After many heavy European meals, we were looking forward to a lighter dinner option. Yami was it. The service was a little slow, but it was irrelevant because the quality of the food was so high. If you are looking for an alternative to the heavy meat laden meals of Eastern Europe, I highly recommend Yami.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

F-resh fish, D-elicious sushi menu, F-riendly staff. Location is a little bit aside from the main touristic paths, but somehow the restaurant is full of sushi lovers. That’s a good sign. The menu is so diverse you’d rather upload it via internet and study before coming. We had Sashimi sushi set (on an impressive ship shape plate) with some additional Dragon Fusion Rolls and Hamachi Nigiri. The boat that landed on our table was full of delicious stuff so there was no chance for any desert. Fish were really fresh and delicate. Top quality indeed. Not only a food but also the service was on a very high level, ready to help and happy to advice. Prices…well, not the lowest, but sushi really excellent.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you're looking for the cheapest meal in Prague, this isn't it; but for the quality it's very reasonable by US standards and downright cheap at California prices. The fish is incredibly fresh, really excellent; traveled on business, sat alone at the bar and was made to feel at home by the sushi chef who was very friendly. Found out the salmon's sourced from Norway and the Yellowtail -- which is a good indicator of freshness because it's less often ordered in countries that don't have as advanced a sushi culture -- was some of the best I've ever had and apparently flown in from Greece.
I'm writing the review because some cheap, classless tourist left the restaurant as I was eating, declaring it was the most expensive meal he'd had in Prague. Well, sushi isn't something you want to cut corners now is it? Anyway, two Asahis, a miso soup, a great 8-piece roll, plus salmon and yellowtail nigiri only set me back about €20 and I was stuffed (which you're not supposed to get, on sushi).

1  Thank joshstrike
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I will go clarify that Yami Sushi House has two restaurants in Prague, see the exact address of this under "Website" in this review!
My local friend from Prague recommended this restaurant. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff, the place has a nice atmosphere. It's always a good sign when the majority of guests consisting of Asian people, this was the case during this evening. I ordered Sashimi Sushi Set - This was delivered in a very inviting way on a big boat - the quality of the sushi was very good. The pieces were perfectly prepared with a fresh taste, this is more than enough food for a person like me who loves Sushi.
My friend ordered the Philly roll, I tasted it and it was perfect.
The price of this good experience was worth every penny. I recommend this restaurant for those who appreciate good Sushi.