“A little disappointing for our second visit”
Review of Triton Restaurant

Triton Restaurant
Ranked #669 of 5,781 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: The stalactite cave in the heart of Prague, the resident geniuses from 1912, the originality of the original Art Nouveau interior, the tradition of top-class gastronomy and the classical story in the statues all around you... . The TRITON Restaurant has an unforgettable experience prepared for everyone.We offer a selection specialities from the world of Czech and international cuisine as well as superb Moravian and foreign wines. Our wine bar hides more than one treasure and our team of trained sommeliers is ready to serve you.From the very start, the TRITON Restaurant has been a meeting point for important personalities from the Czech political and cultural scene. The same is true today.Come and convince yourself that the spirit of the place is incommunicable...
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our second visit to this restaurant becasue when we visited for the first time in 2009 we said we must return. However even though the food was delicious and the waiting staff very professional we found the manager to be rude. I ordered a dry martini before our meal to which he then began to give me lesson on martini drinking. All I wanted was a a white martini (blanco) rather than the (rosso) the red variety he then informed me that the rosso would be better with my meal to which I replied I would prefer the white thank you. Then when we were ordering our main course by partner ordered his steak well done to which the manager again replied with "oh no, you don't want to do that" and he stood there waiting for him to change his mind !!!. My partner and I have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world including Le Circ in the Bellagio being one and he has never been corrected is to how he likes his fillet steak served. It might not be the perfect way for him to order it, but to question a customers choice is just not on. I was also very disappointed as I requested a table in the non smoking section of the restaurant but I was seated next to a table of four smokers. The table beside me (two lovely australian ladies) were also dismayed that they were allowed to continue smoking despite their concerns. This restaurant is beautiful in a very romatic setting with the majority of the staff very helpful but I am afraid the manager was not.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went to this restaurant and had booked a table in advance. We arrived and they didn't have our booking. The manager was so unfriendly and unhelpful and he led us to a table in the corner next to the kitchen where the cave like features were nowhere near. When I had a look at the cave bit which have 2 tables filled he said they were fully booked.

The service was bad and really pushy asking us for champagne, starters etc. The manager looked a bit hacked off when we only ordered main courses.

Bread was placed on the table and they charge you for this as well. We wanted the candle lit menu but it was no on the menu and there was only a choice of about 7 mains. The food was average nothing exciting but was highly priced approx £17 a main course.

When we asked for the bill the dessert menu was placed in front of us and when we said no he told us to look through it anyway. We were then asked then if we wanted coffee's, this was after asking for the bill.

When leaving we found the main dining area in the cave was still empty so I don't know why we were fired in the corner.

Would not go back in a million years. The manager needs to go and learn customer service

1  Thank gail130882
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's a fantastic restaurant with stalactities on the wall of the main hall.
It's a strange but elegant restaurant.
We ate very well and the service is particularly and punctual.
I reccomended it to all!! Praga is very beautiful!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Triton is ​​a perfect place for all points of view: a romantic dinner, good sample of local cuisine. The service is impeccable, the food is excellent and the portions just right. We were so happy with our evening we went a couple more times again. Each time the service was first class.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend of mine for a special occassion. I visited the Triton, last wednesday for my birthday. I must admit from the street, you would not notice the restaurant, it really is a hidden gem in wenceslas square. From the street it looks like a usual cafe/bar upstairs. However as soon as you go downstairs, you are in an amazing restaurant. I have never visited a restaurant like this before. The ceiling and the way it looks like a cave I must admit was very unique to me. The restaurant is not very big, I think it can seat approx 40 people?(just a guess) so I would recommend you book this in advance. I went on a wednesday so was not that busy, however on a weekend I can imagine the restaurant being very busy. The food was lovely. I had tagliatelle with chicken apple and almonds (different but very nice). For my main I had Beef Sirlion with bread dumplings, cream and cranberries. and it was lovely.

Also our waiter was very helpful and catered to our needs(I cannot eat a lot, so he allowed to me to halve my portion, the pasta dish)

If you would like an intimate dinner or have a special occasion, I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Cassie B