“Birthday Celebrations”

Ranked #6 of 5,506 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: In the Michelin star award-winning Alcron Restaurant (2012 - 2016), an intimate restaurant with seating for only 24 people, guests can select from an extensive tasting menu featuring fresh fish & seafood prepared with creativity and flair by one of the best chefs in Prague, Roman Paulus. From the stunning wall painting showing couples dancing before a backdrop of skyscapers; to the rich Art Deco details, especially the original fireplace door dating from 1932, when the hotel opened, the restaurant provides a unique and romantic atmosphere. The Alcron's famed gourmet cuisine, its splendid surroundings and gracious service, ensure a truly memorable evening.
Coalville, United Kingdom
“Birthday Celebrations”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband booked the Alcron for my birthday celebrations and I could not have been happier. We had a fantastic night, which was made very special by the fantastic food and exceptional service. We initially thought we would have 6 courses but in the end only managed 5 courses as before we even started our selections we were given some delicious bread (including gluten free for myself) and a variety of flavoured butters. After this we were given a dish compliments of the chef which was absolutely delicious. Then we began our choices. The flavours and presentation were amazing. We got to our 5th course and could not manage dessert. However we were surprised to receive another complimentary dessert dish of macaroons, mini choc ices and a choice of chocolates! After we had managed to fit all this in, the waiting staff brought out a lovely mascarpone and fruit dessert with a candle in and champagne for the both us, and them and the other diners sang happy birthday to me! A lovely surprise and end to the night. We never once felt rushed all night, we had our table booked for 8.30pm and did not leave until midnight. I personally chose a dish which due to gluten being present I could not have and I was recommended an alternative dish. The waiters/waitress could not have been more polite or helpful with their advice. To finish off the meal, the head chef for the night came out and spoke to all the diners, a lovely touch. We were very impressed with the price of the meal and drinks, and for the experience was completely worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Delicious and challenging”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Due to a cancellation, we were lucky to get a table in this sophisticated Michelin-star restaurant which seats only 24 guests. This makes it suitable for getting perfect attention from the highly skilled waiters in the beautiful dining room where you can truly enjoy food and wines in intimate surroundings.

My first course was an artichoke/lobster soup and it was no less than heavenly. Second serving was pigeon, also truly wonderful. The only thing I had an issue with was the white chocolate mousse & ice for dessert with cucumbers and dill. The tiny addition of vegetables here were a weird and unhappy combination, but the white chocolate itself tasted great.

Waiters were mindful and very informative. Even the chef came to the tables to learn, if everything was satisfying.
Excellent service on all levels and really a very pleasant evening. So forget about my cucumber comments and go for the culinary experience in this inviting restaurant.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“My First Michelin Starred Restaurant”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I had never been to a michelin starred restaurant and were very excited to try The Alcron for the first time. We were not dissapointed. Everything was so amazing that other meals that we ate after this just seemed bland and boring! The flavors were amazing and the presentation was beautful. The staff was very nice. I was a bit nervous to eat at such a nice place, but they made me feel comfortable enough to ask questions. The restaurant is small, but that just ensures that you will be totally taken care of by the staff.

This was the best first time I could have had! But be warned, no meal will taste the same after.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Very nice dinner! ”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Very good food, especially the langoustine, the scallops and hot & cold choclate dessert. And excellent service in this small cosy restaurant.
Definately worth a visit!

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were here for a birthday celebration and were not disappointed at all. The small intimate room had 6 other couples, all far enough away to not feel crowded. From the moment we were seated the service was attentive and nothing was too much trouble- exactly what one would expect from a Michelin restaurant. The menu was extensive and recommendations were received which were truly fantastic recommendations. As each course came out it surpassed the last and the flavours, textures and taste were incredible. The icing on the cake was the shared "painted dessert"....the chef came out and literally painted our dessert onto a large pane of glass for us...incredible and absolutely delicious!!
We had booked on the second sitting of the evening so there was no rush to vacate our table and it was lovely not to be rushed at the end of the meal...in fact we were one of the last to leave!
If you are in Prague and want to celebrate an occasion this is definitely worth booking...you will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013