“Very nice dinner! ”

Ranked #5 of 5,536 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: In the Michelin star award-winning Alcron Restaurant (2012 - 2016), an intimate restaurant with seating for only 24 people, guests can select from an extensive tasting menu featuring fresh fish & seafood prepared with creativity and flair by one of the best chefs in Prague, Roman Paulus. From the stunning wall painting showing couples dancing before a backdrop of skyscapers; to the rich Art Deco details, especially the original fireplace door dating from 1932, when the hotel opened, the restaurant provides a unique and romantic atmosphere. The Alcron's famed gourmet cuisine, its splendid surroundings and gracious service, ensure a truly memorable evening.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very nice dinner! ”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Very good food, especially the langoustine, the scallops and hot & cold choclate dessert. And excellent service in this small cosy restaurant.
Definately worth a visit!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were here for a birthday celebration and were not disappointed at all. The small intimate room had 6 other couples, all far enough away to not feel crowded. From the moment we were seated the service was attentive and nothing was too much trouble- exactly what one would expect from a Michelin restaurant. The menu was extensive and recommendations were received which were truly fantastic recommendations. As each course came out it surpassed the last and the flavours, textures and taste were incredible. The icing on the cake was the shared "painted dessert"....the chef came out and literally painted our dessert onto a large pane of glass for us...incredible and absolutely delicious!!
We had booked on the second sitting of the evening so there was no rush to vacate our table and it was lovely not to be rushed at the end of the meal...in fact we were one of the last to leave!
If you are in Prague and want to celebrate an occasion this is definitely worth booking...you will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mibial
Lunenburg, Canada
“special occasion”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was here for my mother's 70th birthday. I was happy to see that other patrons were also there for special occasions. One large table of 10 for a family celebration and a cute couple for romance. The food was amazing and the service was even better. Our waitress was friendly and professional, everything you would expect. Her suggestion for wine pairing was spot on. I was surprised at how small the room was upon entering but it didn't detract from the experience.

• Visited June 2013
British Columbia
“Good but......”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have eaten in many restaurants, admittedly no Michelin starred ones, and this was the toughest review I've had to write. I really wanted to enjoy the experience and maybe my expectations were a little too high. Firstly the room itself, it's small, nice art nouveau 1930's styled mural around the curved wall. Tables comfortably spaced, but it is located in the lobby of the Raddison Blu, you could see lots of foot traffic passing by, perhaps a stand alone location may have provided a more bit more separation and privacy.
The service I would describe as politefully stiff, possibly a requirement in a Michelin star establishment but I would have enjoyed a little more personality and humour to come through from the staff. Twice we had the wrong dishes served to the wrong person, no biggie but we were only a table of three.
The food itself for the most part was fantastic, tastes textures and presentation were excellent. The variation of duck foie gras whilst looking incredible posed the question of "how do I eat it?" Eating food should be intuitive. The least satisfying dish for me was dessert, white chocolate done 3 ways with marinated cucumber, whilst I like all the individual ingredients the combination was a bit messy, and and didn't really work for me. The crayfish bisque and prime beef flank were very tasty.
My biggest issue was probably with the wine. Being non-European the Wine Book was a little intimidating so we opted for the wine pairings. The wines were fine but nothing outstanding. As mentioned in some other reviews the serving sizes were extremely frugal, barely more than the tasting sample and at nearly $20 glass could have been marginally bigger. I am not advocating half filling sommelier glassware but I was contemplating drinking the serve quickly lest it evaporated.
In conclusion the plusses certainly outweighed the negatives and it was definately a different dining experience, did I really "enjoy" it......Yes, but with some reservations.

• Visited October 2013
Stavanger, Norway
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a birthday celebration dinner at The Alcron for my nieces 30th last Friday evening!
The table was not ready so they asked us to sit in the bar and order a cocktail at their expense, this was lovely as we wanted to do that before we arrived but ran out time!
From beginning to end it was truly amazing....we also had the wine package and each wine complimented the food so well.
This is a Michelin star restaurant and all the food is delicate with wonderful taste and beautiful presentation, exactly what you would expect.
We had 4 courses with 4 wines. The extras were a little tortellini to start with and homemade ice cream on a stick, macaroons and homemade chocolates to end, we left full and satisfied and will be talking about it for a long time!
The staff were very attentive and I can honestly say there is nothing we could complain about. If I’m ever in Prague again I would like to return to The Alcron.

• Visited November 2013