“Bad experience...”

Ranked #473 of 5,788 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was ok (there are better czech restaurants), cherry beer was delicious, but the waiters were awfull - unfriendly, annoyed all the time, forgot about my dessert and when i reminded it to them the kitchen already closed.. :,(

Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After hearing about how good Czech beer was, I wasn't very impressed by most of it (but I am an ale drinker, not a pilsner person). It wasn't until I went to Pivovarsky Dum that I had some genuinely good Czech beer. Their pale ale was stellar, finally some bitterness, and the food is pretty good standard Czech fare and not overly expensive.

They also offer 4 liter pitcher thingies which were quite large (8 large beers), and a variety of specialty beers like Nettle flavored or Blueberry, although I recommend the standard ales.

Staff was nice enough, mainly happy to find good Czech beer.

1  Thank Max S
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've eaten here on a few occasions and was always delighted with delicious food, big portions and good service. All my friends liked it, too, and next time I'm in Prague, I'm going there again. I'd recommend trying local specialties (svičkove, especially). Thestaff could probably be a little bit more friendly, but it's part of the Prague image, I guess :)

1  Thank Lada1977
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was good and very intense seems like traditional Czech food and the place seems mainly catered for travellers. However, the service wasn't amazing and the workers were slightly disorganised.

1  Thank RickDolling
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We enjoyed a nice meal here, accompanied by some very tasty beer. The meal portions were generous and there was a good selection. Worth a visit.

1  Thank JasMelW