“Fantastic food, service is waaaay behind”
Review of Kogo Slovansky Dum

Kogo Slovansky Dum
Ranked #173 of 5,536 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Italian, Mediterranean, Czech, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Whether you're seeking the ideal spot for a business lunch, a lively meal with a large group of friends, a romantic dinner for two, or simply a perfect dining experience for yourself alone, KOGO awaits your discovery...and your return.
Prague, Czech Republic
“Fantastic food, service is waaaay behind”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went to Kogo to celebrate my b-day. We had heard that they have great and tasty food in good location.So this was our first experience.

We were seated in few seconds which was ok. We ordered from their special menu. The first problem is that you have to ask for bread , anywhere in Italian restaurants it is must (bread,butter).

The second biggest problem was that waiter mixed up our order and insted of risotto brought to my girlfriend pasta.I got the right meal.When we said its not what we ordered waiter asked her if is she willing to wait an other 30 min. Which we proceeded.
WHAT REALLY BOTHER ME is that lady doesnt have a meal and waiter wish me Enjoy....

So I was waiting with my meal on the table,which got cold. But dont worry Nobody cared.

Big plus was the taste of my gilfriends food and waiter Alex who took over our table and was just GREAT.

1 Thank Tomas V

• Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Huge portions”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very hard to find this restaurant. We were taken there by locals, so they knew how to get there. Good was very good. Huge portions. We went there for dinner, and ordered salads. They were huge. Way too big for a salad before the main course. Fortunately my wife and I split one. Main courses wewe very large portions also. Didn't find the prices to be high. Would suggest that they cut down on portions and lower the prices a little. Our service was fine. The waiter even split our check into four separate checks, and didn't complain at all. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2012
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our favorite meal in Prague. Fantastic Italian food.
Service was just okay.

• Visited June 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“One of best I have ever eaten at”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I really was hesitant to write a review because this restaurant is not easily found and is popular with Czechs. I fear that if it becomes a tourist mecca the atmosphere may change.
To get there you have to enter a very upscale shopping center with a large cinema not easily spotted from the street. The restaurant is in the back in a large garden.
The food at Kogo is Mediterranean with a lot of fish and seafood. This is a pleasant surprise in a city where meat reigns. The fish comes from Croatia which is on the Adriatic and has some fish not available in the USA. The servings are ample and if you are a light eater you might want to share.
They also have a wood burning oven and serve dinner rolls made from pizza dough.
I started with a salad which I shared with my husband. He had bean soup and his only complaint was that there was too much. I had orata fish (which I hadn't eaten in years) with spinach and boiled potatoes. This is a typical Dalmatian dish - simple and delicious.
My husband had tagliatelle with lobster and shrimp which he thoroughly enjoyed but couldn't finish.
Service was excellent.

• Visited July 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
“You can do better than this”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

There are at two Kogo restaurants in Prague. I experienced both and I think there are better places to have a lunch or dinner in Prague. Kogos are popular among lawyers, bankers and other finance people ... sometimes it seems that it is more important to be a part of that community than to enjoy a food, which is mediocre. Kogo restaurants are nice but overcrowded during working days and the service is not as fast as bullet train.

Visited October 2011