“Great dining place in Prague !”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #31 of 5,854 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefov
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Definitely abolicje to come back. Or many reasons! Food is very tasty, Thai soup, sea bass but first and foremost chocolate foundant. The interior is very homie, upper part of the restaurant. Service was also very nice and forthcoming.

So why 4 stars one may say. Well, as it was almost excellent, I think there is still little space for improvement on my wide scale!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

we were walking along the street thinking about where to go to dinner. I pulled out my phone to check on trip advisor and found this restaurant a block away. It was highly rated so we went there.

Santo was our waiter and he took great care of us. He gave us a rundown of what was on the menu and the wines that would best go with the meal. He never rushed us nor did he try to steer us towards some expensive meal.

I think we were there for three hours eating and drinking.

The food was absolutely great. We took our time and had a lovely evening if you go there you won't regret it.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I reserved a table on-line for 7pm with La Veranda before our holiday in Prague and was not disappointed. It took us a little time to locate the street Elisky Krasnohorske (it's on a corner in/or near the Jewish quarter). We arrived early, at 6.30pm, and were made very welcome. At this time the restaurant was quiet but gradually more came during the evening. Our food was cooked to order. My partner chose a main course of trout with lovely spring vegetables and rocket with garlic; while I had fine pasta with king crab, tomato and basil. Both excellent choices. We had already eaten the starters given by the chef - fresh bread, balsamic and oil, olives and dried pepper. I couldn't eat any more but my partner chose 1 cheese for dessert (we were both full!). A huge cheese board was brought to him to select the cheese he wanted - a big piece of which was served with grapes (this course 60Cz only). We didn't have coffee and only drank water and 1 beer with the meal. The cost of the meal was 939 Cz (with +10% abt 1043) - good value for the quality of food, service and ambience. They also called a taxi for us which we were grateful for.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Service was impeccable - friendly, open, ready to help and sometimes even reading our minds :)
Cozy atmosphere and very good food add even more to the experience. I can solemnly recommend this place for anyone visiting Prague.

1  Thank Dawid K
Reviewed September 10, 2013

LaVeranda is a nice Italian restaurant in old town. The food is “very good” not to say “excellent”, but the potatoes served with the main course had an odd taste like they had been deep-frozen reducing the grade to be “very good” Our waiter was a linguistic Jack-of-all-trades. As I could judge he was fluently speaking at least English, German, Italian and Czech and the service was excellent. A good choice if you want to have cozy and intimate dinner place.

1  Thank Ola K