“Creative presentations of extremely fresh food, plus service from Santo that was knowledgeable, energetic, and amusing, made thi”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #20 of 5,763 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefov
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Simply off the charts for a dining experience. The food was expertly and sensitively prepared, Santo, our server and a cook himself, presented the options in such a way that it was hard to choose among them. The slad with goat cheese melted in our mouths. The crusted lamb was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented, and the wine Santo recommended complemented the food to a tee. If I lived in Prague I would eat here as a regular. The restaurants I love in New York City would be hard pressed to compete with this gem.

1  Thank Arthur T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on the reviews and the fact that it was close to our hotel.Everything about this place was amazing, from the Service, to the food, to the cozy atmosphere. I couldn't recommend this place enough and urge you to try the Beetroot Salad and Lamb Main dish. AMAZING!

1  Thank AC584
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

A great restaurant with a lovely cozy atmosphere. Every course of our dinner was fantastic. The Foie gras appetizer was wonderful. Santo, our waiter, was very pleasant and provided excellent service. I wish I had another week here, I would love to try everything on the menu!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We chose this based on the proximity to a concert ( close to the The Jewish Quarter and the Hotel InterContinental) and were exceptionally pleased. We'll be going back. You step down off the city streets into the restaurant and are suddenly in the countryside. The atmosphere is relaxed, the food was amazing. I was thrilled with the pig cheeks and sauce surrounded by celery root purée. This from someone who isn't much of a meat eater. The flavored were amazing. Their read is homemade and best among the wonderful breads we had eaten all week. My husband had a braised lamb, also wonderful with some small root veggies. Dessert was a cloudless chocolate torte with a cherry compote-jam and droplets of spectacular cherry purée. We're definitely returning for seconds. wines great, too. Beet carpaccio appetizer creative and delish. One appetizer, two entrees, 1 dessert, 2 glasses of Prosecco and 2 of wine and it was about $100 US...well worth it.

3  Thank BikingBaker
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Been there with my wife ...I was in the Jewish Quarter and chose it using Trip Advisor city guides. We had a very pleasant surprise. Very nice and cozy place, excellent food and a superb service. Highly recommended. Enjoy !!!

2  Thank William_kern